Yesterday my friend Rachael and I decided to take advantage of the San Diego Wild Animal Park being FREE, so we packed up our kids and went. Rachael has three small children, so there were four kids between the two of us. I had never been to the wild animal park before. I really enjoyed it, probably even more so than the zoo. The animals have A LOT more room to roam so it seems like we saw the animals in the "real" wild. The park is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed walking all around. (We walked a lot). The weather was really nice and despite the park being free it wasn't too crowded.
Here's a picture of Owen and I comparing ourselves to a gorilla.

This gorilla was making these noises while I was taking his picture. It was really intimidating!

I loved seeing the elephants. I didn't get a picture of all of them, but there were probably about 15 of them. They had a lot of room, not like at the zoo where there are 2-3 of them crowded together in a small space.

We were able to get super close to the lions. They were so fun to watch .

I realize that Owen could care less if he went to the wild animal park or not, but he did enjoy being outdoors. The only animal I noticed him paying attention to were the
giraffes. He just stared at them and watched them eat. He didn't know what to make of it.

Rachael and I had such a good time that we decided to make it a tradition and go every year together on FREE ADMISSION day. So you all are welcome to join us on the trip next year. Mark your calendars for May 14, 2009.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you went!
How fun!!!!!!! I love wildlife!!! What a fun day, especially since it was free!!!!
That gorilla is HUGE! WOW!
Free Admission Day!?! I wish I had know about that. I haven't been there in over 5 years, I will definetly mark my calendar for next year. Sounds like you and Owen had a fun day...and it was free!
What a fun day to have--especially since it was free--What can be better than that?
my calendar is marked already!! I'm glad you and Owen had a fun time!
Okay professional photographer!!! Those zoo pics are so good! The first picture is my favorite though!!!
Holly! How are you? I wish I would have found you earlier (or started a blog earlier) because I live like across the street from the wild animal park and we could have met up! Well, Owen is adorable and I'm glad you're doing well. When Samantha comes to visit this summer I think we are coming to see you for a play date! That will be fun! Well hope you're doing well. Take care!
~Chanel
Post a Comment