Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but I didn't know how great it could be until Owen came into my life. Being a mom is the greatest job I could ever have. I loved being able to say that this was my first Mother's Day! Below the picture is a poem that a friend e-mailed me a few weeks ago. I could really identify with it and I thought it was perfect for mother's day.


Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -I had never been puked on.

Pooped on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom -I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Not only was it mother's day but May 11th marks Owen's 5 month birthday!! The time is just going by so quickly! At five months Owen:

  • can blow raspberries really well
  • can roll over (he's only done it twice, but hey, he did it!)
  • can laugh really loud
  • doesn't like to take afternoon naps
  • flaps his arms real fast when he is excited
  • puts EVERYTHING in his mouth
  • can almost sit up all by himself (when he topples over he laughs so hard!)
  • loves to watch his cousins play
  • weighs 15lbs. 6oz.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't being a Mom the greatest thing!?!?! I totally love it! It really helps that we both have amazingly cute baby's and that we just love them to pieces!!!!

You look so great!

Happy Mother's Day!

Owen is SO cute! I love his hair! Stylish! Isn't it great when they start laughing! Hannah laughs at me all the time now. Even when I'm not doing anything funny!!!!

Laura said...

Owen is super cute! I love the poem....I love all of the fun, sad, and sometimes disgusting things that come a long with being a Mom. For example, Grace's Mother's Day present to me was pooping out on me 3 times yesterday! Gotta love it. I hope you had a great day.

The Benches said...

He is cute as can be! I love that poem as well. Motherhood is seriously rockin.

Jill Duncan said...

Happy Mother's Day, and I love that poem! That picture of you and Owen is really cute.

Sarah Hull said...

You are the perfect mom! I am so glad you had a wonderful mothers day. you deserve it! Owen is super lucky to be able to call you Mom!
I too love that poem. It makes me cry every time I read it.

Owen is getting so big and is as adorable as they come! What a swet boy he is!

Thanks for being so awesome!

The McGary Family said...

The poem made me cry. It's amazing how a child changes your life. Owen is getting so BIG and is so cute! I'm glad you had a great first official Mother's day.