I have discovered the secret to weight loss: Have more than one child in the house! We had our niece Ella come stay with us Thursday and Friday, and let me tell you, it was busy! Ella is such a good little girl, and she loves Owen to death, but I sure was busy! I didn't have a lot of time to eat and we were constantly on the go. I must have lost at least 5 pounds in two days! (at least it seems like I did) I give major props to all the moms out there who have two or more children at home, you guys are my heroes! Owen had the best time playing and watching Ella. He was so entertained. Having Ella over, made me excited to see my own (future) children playing together. Motherhood is great isn't it?

On Friday night Spencer's brother graduated with his master's degree from
USC, so we went to Long Beach to celebrate this
achievement with him. This was the first time that the three new Hull babies were all together. Here they are in order from left to right: Hudson Jason, 6 weeks old, son of Jason and Ashley Hull. Owen Spencer, 5 months, our cutie. And Carter William, 3 weeks old, son of Bryant and Sarah Hull. They are all so cute! It's going to be so fun watching them grow up together. And they all will be in the same grade at school since Owen was born in December.

Friday night we stayed the night at Bryant and Sarah's house in Long Beach because the next day we all went to the Aquarium of the Pacific together. My brother, Cody, and Allison met us down there Saturday morning. The aquarium was a lot of fun, but a little bit expensive. I had never been there before, so I didn't know what to expect. I would recommend going once, but because it is a little on the expensive side, for what you get, I probably won't be going back for a long while.


Here's Spencer, Katie, Ella, and Bryant touching the animals in the "touch tank." The little girls found this to be a lot of fun, as for me, I will admit that I was a little intimidated. The picture below shows what was in the tank you could touch. There were sharks and sting rays, and some of those sharks were actually pretty big!!

Here's our little family standing in front of what I thought was the most
fascinating thing at the aquarium. It's a life size model of a blue whale. I was amazed at how HUGE these whales actually are. (Sorry guys, I guess I've lived a sheltered life, to be so
fascinated by a model of a whale.)

Here's a better view of just how huge this whale was!


Owen was so good at the aquarium. He actually really got into looking at all the fish. I couldn't get him to look at the camera while I took this picture because he couldn't take his eyes off this tank. The tropical section of the aquarium was
defiantly what interested Owen the most. The picture below is the same display Owen is looking at, but I took it without the flash so you could see just how bright and colorful it actually was.


It's hard to tell, but this picture is of some kind of sea horse, that looks like a plant. This was Spencer's favorite thing he saw. I think he took about 20 pictures of these little guys.
So that was our exciting weekend. If you read all this you are a champion! I didn't realize how long it was going to be!
6 comments:
Hey Holly. I just wanted to share in the whole eczema thing. Cameron has got it too. It is all over his legs arms and face. It is getting better now, but it was pretty bad for awhile. Dang FORD's. He he he
Sounds like a fun weekend. We have only gone to the Aquarium once, and that was with 'buy one get one free' coupons because it is a bit expensive. How cute are the 3 Hull boys! They are so Adorable!!
Well... I guess I'm a champion cause I read it all!:) Sounds like a fun weekend. You are a good aunt to watch your niece like that, isn't it amazing how abaies are so entertained by other kids?! It makes the thought of having another one not so overwhelming huh?
HOW FUN!!!!!! I love aquariums. But we don't have any here in Idaho...go figure! We are going to the Oregon coast for a week in August. I can't wait! We will be going to an aquarium. I am so excited!
Ok, Owen looks so big in that picture with all the boys! He isn't a big boy though. How funny! He is SOOOOOO CUTE! He looks like you, I think. What a cutie!
Ella is so cute. How fun to have so many cousins! You guys are going to have some wild times!
Holly,
That was awesome! Those pictures are just fantastic! I am glad that I read your blog today...that was exciting to see the whale model. You are not the only one who would be excited about that!
Lots of love,
Penny
Wow, you go to a lot of fun places. I miss that about So. Cal! They have a sting ray exhibit at our zoo and I was intimidated too!!! I felt so lame but every time one swam up I pulled my hand away. You got some cool pictures though!
Post a Comment