
Right after I had Owen I decided that I needed to do something to help loose the baby weight, so I signed up for the Disneyland 5k taking place on August 30. I signed up way back in February and really didn't do anything to get ready for it.....until now. I am NOT a runner at all, but I knew if I paid money I would have to do it. I didn't want to run the 5k alone so I was successful in recruiting some of my favorite people to run and train with me. I think the total number of friends running is about 10 now! My friend Tamarah found an 8 week training guide to help us prepare. We have formed a small training group and we meet every morning at 8:00. We change the location of where we meet everyday, just to change it up a bit. So if there is anyone reading this who would like to run the 5k with us, or just join our group in the mornings, let me know and I can give you details! It's actually a lot of fun. We all have babies, but we just strap them into their strollers and take them along for the ride! I never pictured myself doing something like this, but now that I am I am already thinking about signing up for another 5k in Irvine that takes place in December. (Maybe if I get real brave I'll try the 10k!) So come join us, we would love to have as many people as possible!! I plan on continuing to walk/run every morning even after the 5k is over, I am really enjoying it, and as you can see from the pictures, Owen is too!!
5 comments:
Good for you Holly! Good luck! I wish I could join you, but I dont think I can handle trying to walk with all of my kids.
Cool! Running with a group of friends always makes it so much better. I wish I had a group here to do my half marathon with me. I do have my husband and kids...that is always fun!
Owen really does enjoy it, you are right, he looks so cute in those pictures!! (I wish Kaelyn enjoyed it that much) Running/walking has been so much fun, I think we should totally keep it up after the 5K!!
Disneyland, here we come...
he is so stinkin cute!!!!! Poor boy has to wear socks on his hands!!! How sad! Does he try and pull them off?
I hope your training goes well!!! good luck! Owen will love the time outside!
Go Holly! I am still trying to figure out how to exercise on "land" my gills aren't used to breathing that way! Good for you, I needed a little inspiration like that.
Post a Comment