On Saturday July 5 we went to
Doheny Beach in Dana Point for a family reunion. It was Spencer's mom's family. (The Lewis family) It was a lot of fun to see people we haven't seen in a long time. Spencer had a great time visiting with all of his Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. This is a picture of all of Spencer's first cousins who attended the reunion. Check out Spencer's brother Jason in the cowboy hat on the far left...CRAZY!!!

Not only was it a family reunion, but it was also Spencer's grandfather's 88
th birthday!

On Sunday the reunion festivities commenced at this beach house that Spencer's mom rented in San Clemente. The house looks big from the outside but......

this is what it looked like inside when it was filled with 60 Lewis family members.

After the 2-day reunion all the extended Lewis family went home and the immediate HULL family got to stay at the beach house for the rest of the week. The weather wasn't the best, but we managed to find a bay to take the kids to in Dana Point on a day when the weather was fairly warm. Here's Owen and Daddy in the water.

Owen had a great time standing and splashing in the water. Believe it or not, but this little guy kept his hat and sunglasses on the entire time we were at the beach that day.

Spencer and I soaking in what little sun we saw on our trip.

We had a lot of fun getting the kids to stand on the body board while we tried to pull them. Here's grandpa Alan and Aunt Lindsay helping Ella "surf."

Even little Owen got a turn on the board. (Maybe next summer bud!)

You can't go to the beach without building an awesome sandcastle!

I think grandpa and Bryant were more into the sandcastle building than the kids were.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Owen in this cute hat! He really did need a hat and sweatshirt most of the trip. I can't believe how cold the beach was in July!!

So Spencer and I came to the realization that family vacations will never be the same now that children have come into the picture. Although we had a good time with our family and enjoyed being with them, it was hard being away from home with a baby who is used to being on a set schedule at home. Owen was very fussy and had a hard time sleeping most of the trip, so combined with the bad weather the trip was kind of a bust for us. We ended up leaving to come home a few days earlier than expected. We do want to thank Diane and Alan for the trip. The beach house was amazing and we had a good time while it lasted! Wish we could have stayed longer!!
7 comments:
You got some great pictures. I have a few that I need to e-mail you.
It is tough to vacation with kids. I am still trying to recover and unpack.
I am glad we got a good game night out of it though. that was fun.
And we got a real good laugh about spencer "working" at Wal*Mart and "rolling back" prices. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
Not to worry that in just a few years family vacations will be fun again. Or..next time we go, let's bring a nanny along.
I am so glad you came for as long as you did, it was nice to see you guys and spend even a little time with you. Let's hang out soon.
Vacations are so much more work with little ones. It does get better though! That beach house looks amazing. My parents keep saying we need to do that during summer to get all of us together. Maybe next year!
looks like a blast! That picture of you and Spencer is dang cute! Just like I remember you guys!
Hannah gets super cranky when we travel or do anything "out of our element". She is on a schedule and it is hard when she isn't on one. Plus, when they aren't in their own bed, that makes it hard too!
Owen is so stinkin' cute! I love the picture of him standing in the water! CUTE!
That beach house looks beautiful!! I love the pict. of Owen surfing, and his cute little hat in the last pict. :) I agree vacations will never be the same with kids- oh well!
I loved how Owen wore his sun glasses the entire time at the beach. He is such a cool kid. It was so good to see you; I wish we could hang out with you guys more. You forgot to blog about your amazing Settlers game and how you creamed EVERYONE. Thanks for all you did with the reunion to make things happen too! You rock!
I promise family vacations will get better as he gets older. And once you have more than one, you never sleep anyway, so not sleeping on vacay is no biggie! LOL Seriously though, it will get better. :)
Post a Comment