Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Airplane Ride

This last week Owen took his first trip to Utah on an airplane! I was so nervous about taking Owen on the plane...I was so afraid of being "that lady" with the crying baby. When my mom and I boarded the plane I could just see that look in people's eyes as we walked to our seats, "Oh great, I hope they're not sitting by me." But it turns out that I didn't really have anything to be nervous about. Owen did wonderful! Between my mom and I, a few new toys, some baby food, and a sippy cup with juice, Owen was good the entire time. He even managed to make a few friends during the flight.

My mom had some time off work and wanted to go to Utah to visit all of our family there. We had a ton of fun traveling from house to house visiting everyone. Owen did really well, considering how bad he did at the beach house. He was an angel during the day time, but he did struggle to sleep at a different house every night, but overall he was a trooper and didn't seem to mind being dragged all over the place. One of the highlights of the trip was visiting my cousin, Sami. She had a baby boy in January, so this was the first time meeting him. This is a picture of Owen and her baby, Cameron. We thought it was so funny that they were both wearing the same color green!
Owen had a good time being around so many dogs. He was so fascinated by them. Here he is with the Clayton's dog, Roxy.
My Aunt Paula has this huge stuffed dog that is super soft, Owen liked this dog too!

I'll have to say that playing the piano was probably Owen's favorite thing he did the entire trip.

5 comments:

The McGary Family said...

The first time we took Meg on a plane she was 3 months old (we flew to SLC to see my 2 sisters). I felt like EVERYONE on the plane was giving me that 'oh no, an infant' look. But thankfully Meg slept the entire 2 hour flight both ways. (So there!!! to all those passengers)
Sounds like Owen had a great time visiting and meeting family and their pets.

Amanda said...

How fun! I'm glad to hear that Owen was good on the plane. We are taking a plane ride in 10 days to Portland. But...It will be my Mom, me, my sister and 3 kids!!! I'm sure people will run when they see us boarding...haha

Owen is so cute!!!! I love his spikey hair, so fun!

michelle said...

Yay! So glad to hear the flight went well - I was nervous too - especially the first time I flew by myself with Annabelle.

Jill Duncan said...

I'm so glad that he was so good for on the plain! I'm glad you had a fun trip too!

- I tagged you on my blog

Jaime Rubio said...

That is great to hear--I always try to be sympathetic to mom's when I am on the plane because it is hard!Sounds like you guys had a blast in Utah!