Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anniversary Beach Trip

On August 16, 2003 Spencer and I were married in the San Diego Temple for time and all eternity. This last Saturday makes it five years for us! Here is a picture of us on our wedding day for your viewing pleasure. For those of you who didn't know us 5 years ago, here's what Spencer looks like with a full head of hair!


In celebration of our anniversary I planned a weekend trip to Huntington Beach. We always went to this beach together when we were in high school and college, so it's always fun to go back and visit. Plus we love the beautiful weather and the fun vibe Huntington has to offer.

We stayed at the Hilton right on the beach. It was so convenient to be able to walk everywhere and to have a beautiful view of the ocean from our room.

Owen did so well! I was kind of worried since our last extended stay at the beach did NOT go over well with him. He was so cute and a joy to have around. He loved going in the water with his Daddy. He got a kick out of watching the waves and even liked standing on the shore as the waves crashed on his feet.
Owen wasn't a fan of the sand, which is fine by me! He stayed in his little tent and avoided touching the sand at all costs.
While we were there we had to eat at Ruby's on the pier, it's been a favorite of ours for years.

We have made a tradition of eating at P.F. Chang's every year on our anniversary. We have gone every year, and this year Owen got to join us.


I had to post this picture of Owen. Almost the entire time we were in the restaurant Owen has "singing" really loud. He was so happy and just wanted to let everyone know it by bursting into song the best he knows how. It was the funniest thing ever!! Spencer and I were dying laughing, I'm not sure if the people sitting around us thought it was as funny as we thought it was!


FYI: Since the 5K I'm running is coming up soon I didn't want to miss any of my workouts, so in case you were wondering I did work out at the hotel during our stay. I'm getting pumped for the race!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I can't believe it has been five years! That is crazy!!! How quickly time flies! Congrats you two!

The McGary Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Your anniversary weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. Congrats on the big 5!!

Cam and Chelle said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Owen is super cute, btw!!

Sarah Hull said...

What a fun Anniversary weekend! Congrats on five happy years. You two are darling together and Owen is just too cute!

Amanda said...

How fun!!!! I love huntington beach...i'm jealous! It looks so nice and warm. We also love ruby's on the pier. What a fun get away.

How funny that you guys go to PF Changs....That is something we have done 3 years in a row now!!!! How fun! Isn't it delish!? The lettuce wraps are calling my name!

Unknown said...

5 whole years!!! Congratulations ... I think I like Spencer's bald head better!