Saturday, August 9, 2008

You might think I'm crazy but....

I put Owen in swim class!! I know he's only 7 months old and won't really benefit from swim lessons, but I did it regardless. It was a two week class that ended this last Friday. Of course it was a mommy and me class and we went with our good friends Jill and Kaelyn Duncan. Despite Owen's age he did really well and seemed to enjoy it. He loves the water and was always smiling during his class. He did learn to put his own face in the water and how to "jump" in the water to me. (I would sit him on the edge of the pool and he would lean forward into my arms without any hesitation, he LOVED it!!) Here I am with my little swimmer.

Happy Owen with his swim teacher, Ashley.
Ashley was so surprised when Owen swam down to the bottom of the pool and got this diving stick! (I taught him a few things before we started the lessons!)

Kaelyn and Owen sitting on the edge of the pool playing "Humpty Dumbty," just waiting for Humpty Dumbty to fall off the wall. This was Owen's favorite game.
These two are quit the pair. This was on their last day. I think they were sad that the lessons were over. I bet they are already counting down the days until next year's lessons.
O.K. so Owen didn't really swim to the bottom of the pool to get the diving stick. Did I have anyone fooled??

7 comments:

The McGary Family said...

I was fooled!! I was so impressed that he could do that at 7 months, plus with the Olympics going on right now I was thinking he'd be the new Phelps in 15 years!!
Anyway...he is adorable in his swimwear and taking swim lessons now will help him be comfortable with the water as he gets bigger.

WheelersSix said...

LOL! I was like NO WAY that baby did that! But I thought with a swimming prodigy for a mommy, you never know! Too cute! I miss you too. We need to get together soon. Gimme a call. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally had to second guess myself about Owen swimming to the bottom of the pool but then I also had to think twice about him on the jumping from the edge of the pool until you said that he sat there and leaned forward to fall to you.

I think it is AWESOME that you did this!

Amanda said...

I did Mommy and Me class with Hannah and she loved it! The water was a little cold, but she still loved it! We had a great time.

Owen is so dang cute. Hannah needs to date him!

Melinda said...

You must have been a swim teacher... only you would do such good things to create swimming habits at such a young age. He is looking more like Spencer is these pictures. I love it!

Amy said...

Okay...you totally got me so good with the swimming!! I was freakin out! I'm so impressed he puts his own face into the water!!!!! I gotta get swim lessons going for sure!!!

Rachael said...

Seriously! I was thinking you were crazy, and how the heck could I get you to teach my kids? Funny girl!