Something happened to me the other day that really made me stop and think, "seriously?"
I was at the car wash, minding my own business, waiting for my car to be done trying to ignore the two men talking WAY to loud next to me. Owen was sitting in his jogging stroller having a snack. I had everything that was in my car piled up on the stroller....you can never trust the workers at a car wash with loose change or random baby items, especially when this particular car wash had a HUGE sign out front that said, "Not responsible for items left inside a vehicle." Which basically translates to: We can steal your stuff and there is nothing you can do about it!!" Anyway...this story really isn't about how car wash employees can steal your stuff.As I was sitting there one of the men (talking way too loud) started asking me questions about Owen's stroller. He genuinely seemed interested in it. I went on to tell him that my dad bought the stroller for me from a bike company and yes the tires had to be pumped up, yadda, yadda, yadda. When he asked me why I needed such an extreme stroller I promptly responded with, "Well I'm a runner and I have to take my son with me running everyday." OK so I admit that I used the term "runner" lightly because I am more of a "jogger" or perhaps a "speed walker" more so than a "runner," but what the guy said next really made me mad. He had the nerve to look me up and down, let out a light chuckle and say, "well you could have fooled me!!" Can you believe that guy??? What a jerk!!! I don't understand how people can be so rude....Seriously?
8 comments:
That seriously PISSES ME OFF! I would have started crying right then and there. I hope you back handed him then kicked him in the balls. The nerve! Seriously! BTW you look fantastic to me. I always think of you when I am laying in bed thinking about running. :)
Oh my goodness, that made my blood boil just reading that! My goodness, the nerve!!!! I agree with the above comment, you look amazing and totally in shape!
I can't handle that story for one second. Your title is right on. SERIOUSLY!!!
wow!!! well i hope you came back with some great come back! of course if it were me I would not have been able to think of something until after the moment has passed and I am already home. I am a true believer in karma and so what comes around goes around he will get his in the end. i havent seen you in years but I am sure you look great!
I can't believe that!!!! April's comment made me laugh, but I seriously agree with everything she said. What a jerk!!!!!! Don't ever go back to that car wash place again
Seriously can't believe this happened!!! you honestly look fantastic and can definitely fall under the 'runner' category. You have been dedicated to running ever since you had Owen, and it is obvious it has paid off!
Some guys just love being jerks and this guy certainly wins the trophy! Just remember that some people just love making others feel bad because they do! You are a runner and are in better shape than many women!! Keep your head held high!
What a jerk!!!! Did you slap him?! You should have! My heck. What a creep!! Seriously, what does he expect a runner to look like if not like you!?! JERK!
I would have ran over him with my cool jogging stroller and said "yeah, you are right, i could have fooled you...you are obviously an idiot who doesn't pay attention to detail." then walk away. I'm mean like that.
So, what did you say!!?!!?
Post a Comment