Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Picking, Pumpkin Carving

On Friday night we headed back to the pumpkin patch to actually pick out a pumpkin this time! This time Spencer went with us and we met the Duncan's there. It was a warm day, but not nearly as hot as it was when Owen and I had gone the week before.
Quite the helper? Owen didn't want to ride in the wagon....he only wanted to push it.
I love seeing Owen and Kaelyn together. They have known each other their whole lives and some times act like they are brother and sister. All smiles here!!!
So precious!! I'm going to have this picture blown up and framed to put on display at their wedding!!
After a successful trip to the pumpkin patch, last night the Guerrero's joined us for pumpkin carving. Sure it looks like the boys are doing all the work, but what you don't see is Haley and I opening, and cleaning out the insides of the pumpkins while the boys played pool and watched Monday Night Football.
The little boys wanted to so bad get a piece of those pumpkins!!

The reason I don't have any pictures of the finished products is because about half-way through the carving process both of those stupid little knifes (you know the ones that come in the pumpkin carving kits?) snapped in half!!! It was pretty funny because we had two knifes and they both broke within seconds of each other! Now I have a half carved pumpkin sitting on my kitchen table.....I guess this post is to be continued!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Cute pumpkin patch pictures! Those carving knives are so flimsy...and I bet you're really strong too :)

I got the pumpkin kit at Party City-I think we will be using it for the next 10 years!

Cam and Chelle said...

We have the same little monster carved into one of our pumpkins! Cute!

Unknown said...

i love this time of year! Your family is so stinkin cute!