Most of you know that right after Spencer and I were married we lived in Rexburg, Idaho for two years. I'm sure if you knew that we lived there you also knew that I HATED living there!! I hated the cold, I hated the wind, I hated the ice, I hated scraping my windshield, I hated the small town, and most of all I hated the snow!!! It snowed on the 4th of July for crying out loud...no one should experience such torture!! I have not been near snow since we moved from that treacherous state in 2005.
Well this brings me to New Year's day. Spencer and I were talking and decided that we wanted to take Owen to the snow to play. We recruited some friends to go with us, left behind the 75 degree weather, and up to Big Bear we drove for my first day in the snow since May 2005. The day could not have been any better. It was only 50 degrees out and the sun was shining...a perfect snow day in my book. We drove around for a little bit looking for a place to sled when we came across this school. The sign clearly states that all snow play is prohibited but.....
as you can see there were a ton of people there ignoring the sign, so we decided that we would just ignore the sign as well and enjoy the day!!
In true California fashion Spencer took Owen sledding on a beach body board, and Owen actually didn't hate it. (He didn't exactly love it either).
4 comments:
So jealous! I wish I could leave the snow. It is 16 degrees here today and Aaron has to go shovel the driveway for the second time today! Glad you had fun. Snow is fun, when you are not living in it :)
Rexburg Rexburg .... so don't miss you :) I know exactly how you feel about the cold. Glad you had a fun day and then came back to heaven on earth!
how fun! I love that he's wearing his Halloween costume, you are too funny! :)
Owen looks so cute all bundled up.
The first time we took Meg to the snow she was about 2 and it was to Big Bear too, and she wore rain boots too!!
I love that we live close to areas to have a "snow day" but then we can come home quickly to warmer weather. Southern CA rocks.
Post a Comment