Friday, March 26, 2010

It takes a village...

to raise a child, especially a newborn! What a blessing it has been to have Audrey Belle join our family. It hasn't been quite two weeks, but it feels like she has always been a part of our family. We all seem to be adjusting well, and Owen has done a lot better than I had anticipated. Since Spencer only took one and a half days off work I had to learn quickly how to take care of two children all on my own for the majority of the day, but I have had A LOT of help, which I am so grateful for.
My parents were so kind to take Owen for a few days when Audrey was first born and my mom has been over a few times bringing food, grocery shopping for me, and watching Audrey so Owen and I could have some one-on-one time.
Spencer's parents have also been more than helpful. Diane brought us some of the yummiest food and they were the first ones to the hospital when Audrey was born.
Proud Uncle and Aunt!! Cody and Allison were awesome and brought us dinner while we were in the hospital along with a bunch of other treats. This was so necessary since hospital food isn't that great!!
It's not just family members who have been so awesome and helpful, but we have been blessed with some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. My friends Jill and Haley came over one morning and took Owen to the park so I could have some time to myself...which I was very grateful for!! Owen was excited to see Kaelyn, we miss having them live so close.
Our kids getting ready to go to the park.
Jill and Haley were so kind to take 4 kids to the park that day!!!
We are so thankful for everyone who has brought us meals, we have been spoiled with some really delicious dinners. Thank-you to all those who have stopped by, brought gifts, and called to check-in with us, I sure do appreciate all your love and support. I know I wouldn't be doing as well as I am without everyone who has helped me along the way, so a big thank-you to all of you!!

2 comments:

Jaime Rubio said...

Congrats on the new baby girl and glad that you are getting the help you need! I pray for you guys to have continued good health!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

I love the pic of your mom! I can't tell.. is she happy? JK that is so great to have such amazing family, and friends! We're so glad you guys are all adjusting- especially Owen. YAY!