Spencer and I have been big American Idol fans pretty much since the beginning. We are faithful viewers who don't miss an episode, vote when we REALLY like someone, and attend American Idol viewing parties. Part of the reason I loved the show so much was because of Simon. I love him!! Some people think he's mean or a jerk, but I just think he is honest and says what other people are thinking. So at the end of last season when Simon announced he was leaving the show I vowed that I wasn't going to watch season 10. When season 10 began in January I stuck by my word and refused to watch the show without Simon there to keep it real.
Spencer is a huge American Idol Fan and Simon or not he was going to watch!! For the most part I would keep myself busy while Spencer occupied the living room, but I must admit I did steal a peak or two of the show without Simon, and just as I had suspected it wasn't near as good. Jenifer Lopez is likable, but the three judges together are just too nice!! When the worst critique on American Idol is, "it was a little pitchy" or "it just wasn't the right song choice for you" there is definitely something wrong! Maybe I am a more cynical person than I thought, but if you are like me then you don't watch American Idol for the judges to be all lovey-dovey!!
Spencer is a huge American Idol Fan and Simon or not he was going to watch!! For the most part I would keep myself busy while Spencer occupied the living room, but I must admit I did steal a peak or two of the show without Simon, and just as I had suspected it wasn't near as good. Jenifer Lopez is likable, but the three judges together are just too nice!! When the worst critique on American Idol is, "it was a little pitchy" or "it just wasn't the right song choice for you" there is definitely something wrong! Maybe I am a more cynical person than I thought, but if you are like me then you don't watch American Idol for the judges to be all lovey-dovey!!
As the season has gone on I have given in a little bit and have been watching with Spencer. We have to fast-forward the judges though because I just can't take them being so nice to everyone, and sometimes the contestants really need a wake up call!! I actually feel sorry for this years contestants because I really feel like they are missing out on all the knowledge and critiques that only Simon could offer them. Simon made American Idol and without him, it's just not the same!!
So all this rambling brings me the experience we had Monday night. Spencer and I went with the Duncan's to see the very first taping of Simon's new show, X- Factor. We were able to watch contestants audition live in front of not only the judges, but a huge audience as well. With both Simon and Paula being part of the judging panel I was loving it!! The format is pretty much the same as American Idol; the person auditioning sings, the judges give some feedback, and then they vote on whether or not the person made it through to the next round....only WAY better because Simon is there to keep it real.

By being at the taping I was totally able to get my "Simon Fix" which I have desperately been needing since Randy just isn't mean enough!! I was able to hear all of my favorite Simon phrases: "absolutely hideous", "terrible", "horrendous", "that wasn't serious, was it?", "hated it", "worst audition I've heard all day", and my all time favorite, "you sound like you should be singing on a cruise ship." It was awesome, loved every second of it!
I think we all enjoyed the taping and I know I am looking forward to it airing in the fall. It will be interesting to see how much editing will take place and I can't wait to see if Jill will be on T.V., but most of all I am so excited to watch Simon do what he does best....it's what has been missing from my life lately!!
1 comment:
That is awesome! I love it! I am a Simon fan too. I haven't watched any of this season. I think that would have been AWESOME to go see! Fantabulous! How fun for you guys! I am glad to hear that you have your deep love of your shows. I am trying to decide what to do about the Office.. I TOTALLY LOVE STEVE CARELL! Truthfully I love everyone else too, but him, I just don't know what I'm gonna do without him, ya know?
Post a Comment