Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family Reunion

For the last 3 days of our 11 day trip to Utah the kids and I drove to Paragonah to the Ford Family Reunion. Spencer drove up and met us there. It was so good to see my husband after being apart for a week!!

The family reunion was a blast!! I think there were about 60 of us. We all stayed together in a giant cabin in the middle of the mountains with nothing around. The kids got to run around outside and get as dirty as they wanted to (that NEVER happens at home!!). There were quads to ride, horses to ride, crafts to make, games to be played, and catching up with family we have not seen in a few years. Spencer and I enjoyed it so much and with 20 other kids to play with my kids were in heaven the entire weekend!!

One of the activities was to make tie-dye t-shirts. Surprisingly this was a lot of fun and everyone really seemed to get into it. As you can see from the pictures our family's shirts came out pretty ugly, but others turned out great. We were just as proud of our creations and wore these ugly shirts for the entire first day.

Owen had a blast playing with Cameron every second of every day. So wish we lived closer!!!
I have not received a picture of the entire group yet, but here is about a third of the people who were there. Don't you love all the shirts??

The Clayton Family

Audrey and Kennedy. These two little cuties are only a couple months apart. Once again I wish Sami and her cute family lived closer so our kids could play all the time!!

Family ride on the Quad. We all loved it. I think Spencer is ready to buy his own!



Don't worry, we drove super slow with the kids and especially since we didn't have helmets.

S'more night at the outdoor fireplace. If you ask me, it isn't summer until you make s'mores by the fire.

Crafting with my cousins. We used to do this all the time together....it was fun to do it again.

I hardly ever let my kids get filthy dirty just for fun, but this weekend I threw caution into the wind and the kids could get as dirty as they wanted to!! They loved it so much I just might have to let them run free like that more often!! Here are a couple pics of my adorable, but dirty childrenPlaying in the bubbles



Owen and Cameron on the deck. Aren't they cute in their matching t-shirts??

This is by far my favorite memory of the entire reunion!! These six dirty kids all in the bathtub at the same time was hysterical!! I think the parents enjoyed it a lot more than the kids because not one minute after this picture was taken almost all of the kids were in tears screaming to get out!! Hey, it was an awesome photo opt we couldn't pass up!!

Every time we visit Utah I always leave with the thought that maybe we should move there. It's always so fun to be around so many family members and do so many fun things. It was an awesome trip!! My kids were amazing and so well behaved and we just all enjoyed being together with family. Can't wait for 2 more years when we get to do it all over again!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

NOOOO!!!!! You Cannot move to Utah! I would be so disappointed in you. Have you already forgotten that it Snows there? Looking forward to seeing you in about 2 weeks!!!

The Benches said...

Um, yes please! You should so move here! I would LOVE it!