Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Advent 2011 Wrap-Up

Day 17: Adult Ugly Sweater Christmas Party (sorry kids, but the adults needed 1 advent activity to themselves!!)

Day 18: Read Christmas Stories. This happens to be my favorite Christmas book at the moment, but we read a few others as well.


Day 19: Visit Logan's Candies and get a candy cane. I have great memories of my grandma taking me here when I was kid. I used to love to watch the candy canes be made and then get to eat one that was still warm. It was fun to be able to take my kids to the same store and eat the same delicious candy canes I did as a child.




Day 20: Make Christmas cookies and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Notice how there aren't any pictures of Owen and I baking together. I originally thought that the movie would be a little too creepy for Owen, but since Spencer loves it so much and pretty insisted on watching it, I agreed. And to my surprise Owen LOVED the movie, and didn't even care about helping me one bit!! As soon as the movie was over he immediately asked to watch it again!

Day 21: Frost Sugar Cookies. Owen frosted one cookie, ate it, and then declared that he was done. Audrey on the other hand...loved it!! Or loved eating the frosting. Either way she enjoyed herself, and Spencer and I enjoyed watching her.

As you can see Spencer enjoyed frosting the cookies as well!!

Days 22 &23: Put together and deliver goodie plates to family and friends. This was such a fun, family activity. Both the kids had a blast ringing doorbells and yelling (literally) "Merry Christmas" when each door was answered. Owen couldn't get enough of it and kept saying he wanted to go to more houses!! Such a fun tradition we have done for a few years now, but this year was by far the most fun!!

Day 24: Mission Inn Lights. After a delicious dinner with our friends the Lauderman's we headed over to the Mission Inn to check out the lights. It was a nice way to spend Christmas Eve.



The pictures of the kids crack me up. Don't they look like they are having so much fun?? In reality Owen was exhausted and only lasted about 45 minutes before he was ready to go home and go to bed so Santa could come. Really 45 minutes was all we really needed.

Katie's girls just adore Audrey. Here they are with their cute hand-made scarves.

After walking around and admiring all the lights and decorations and getting a cupcake we headed home so Santa could come. (AKA so Spencer and I could get all our last minute "work" done!!)


December was such a crazy month and being as tired and cranky as I was I was still pleased with everything we were able to do together as a family. Glad that all the craziness is over, but I wouldn't have changed any of it for anything. We had a wonderful Christmas and entire month of December. Looking forward to all the fun and craziness next year will bring....but so glad I have 11 months to re-cooperate from this year!!

1 comment:

Holley Williamson said...

That candy store looks so fun! Love looking at your blog for ideas. Looks like you guys had a fun December.