Last January I took my kids to Pretend City when Audrey was just a baby. Then last week I had the opportunity to take them again; and let me tell you...what a difference a year makes!!! Not only did Owen play and pretend more than a year ago, but my little Audrey girl just ate up everything about being there. She really did have the time of her life!!!
We went with a pretty big group of friends in order to get the group-rate discount price, but we barely saw anyone we came with since both kids were so wrapped up in all the fun activities. Lucky for me Audrey was willing to do whatever Owen wanted to do, so it wasn't hard trying to keep my eye on the both of them. Pretend City is the cutest little hands-on "city" for kids. Only wish it was a little closer to home.
Audrey playing at the "Marina"
First let me just point out Owen's mailman outfit. There were so many fun, boy-friendly, costumes to dress up in and I think Owen wore all of them at some point while we were there. He is super into getting dressed up right now. I'm pretty sure the last time we were at Pretend City the "restaurant" was a pizza place, but this time it was a sushi place....only in Orange County I guess!!
Audrey had a blast pretending to eat the sushi which she kept calling cakes and ice cream. (I guess I haven't exposed my kids much to cultural food!!)
I think both Owen and Audrey's favorite place to visit was the library. Owen could have spent hours in there pretending to check books in and out and Audrey was so cute, wanting to read all the books on the little couch.
OK. The best part of my day was watching both of my children "perform" on the stage. As soon as Owen put on the knight costume something came over him and he just turned into this dancing machine!! And Audrey wasn't any different. She kept doing this little booty-shaking dance....I have no idea where she learned that from!! They were making me laugh so hard that I was almost in tears! I've never seen either one of them get down like that before!! They weren't just my entertainment, I can assure you that they were some other parents there getting a good laugh from the crazy dance moves!!

1 comment:
LOVE Pretend City, took Katie there for her 5th birthday. It's been almost 2 years and she still remembers it.
Glad Owen had a great time with all the dress-up stuff, the knight costume is cool.
Congrats on #3!!!
Post a Comment