Life is crazy!! As a kid it seemed like everything moved along so slowly, but now as an adult time just flies by! It's hard to believe that I have been married for almost 9 years now. It doesn't seem like that long ago Spencer and I were attending our Senior Prom, yet at the same time High School seems like it was a whole other lifetime ago.
I guess the purpose of this post is to just freeze time at this very moment and give a quick up-date on what has been going on recently. (But apparently I needed a minute to reflect on the past.) Since the majority of this blog is dedicated to our children and what they are up to I really don't think there is a whole lot of up-dating I need to do on them since I post about their lives all the time, but I will write a few things.
Owen: He really is growing up. He is a sweet boy and for the most part has grown out of the "terrible twos and threes." Like most kids, Owen still will have his moments, but he rarely has a tantrum and is pretty obedient. Owen is the best big brother ever! He loves his sister so much and plays so nicely with her. He is also very accommodating to the demands of a two-year old....it doesn't phase him when she cries and he is usually the first to give into what Audrey wants. Owen is also Audrey's interpreter at times. He can understand everything she says and will fill me in when I don't understand what Audrey is trying to tell me. Owen recently started flag football and is loving it! We haven't had any games yet, but so far he is doing really well and seems to be the coach's favorite. Owen knows most of his letters and some of his numbers, although he has yet to learn to write his name on his own. He enjoys going to preschool and loves playing with friends. He is Mommy's little buddy and is actually quite helpful with doing small chores around the house.Audrey: She is a two year old...enough said right? Audrey is still our little princess and pretty much has Spencer wrapped around her finger. She LOVES Owen and has a hard time when he is at school or somewhere else. She definitely doesn't know how to play by herself, so when it's just her and I she tends to get real whiny. Audrey is little miss independent and insists on doing everything herself. She loves to be outside and screams (literally) every time we pass a park because she wants to play. Audrey is a very busy little girl, but at the end of every day she always asks me to cuddle with her...I love that. She loves all animals, but especially dogs. She is fearless and is quite the little daredevil. The girl has a kinds of energy!! She loves to dance and has no problem busting a move at any given moment.
Spencer: Well if you follow Spencer on facebook I am sure that you saw that he made the top 2% in sales for 2011 for all of Coldwell Banker nationwide. This is quite an accomplishment, something his own boss has only done twice. In honor of making the top 2% Coldwell Banker is treating all of the honorees to a trip to Florida....but it happens to fall to close to my due date, so unfortunately Spencer will not be able to attend. I feel bad since who knows when he will make the top 2% again. Spencer is crossing his fingers that the baby will be born in the next couple of weeks so he can still make the trip!!
Spencer turned 31 at the beginning of April, so I surprised him with a little trip to Las Vegas. Las Vegas really isn't "my scene" but we did have a lot of fun. We left the kids at home, so it was a special treat to have some time for just the two of us. We spent time at the pool, did some shopping, saw 4 Vegas shows, visited the pawn shop and just took some time to relax.
Spencer works really hard and actually enjoys his job. He is a wonderful father and husband and the kids just adore him!!
Me: Well what can I say? I don't really like writing about myself, but here goes anyway....I was recently released as the Young Women's President at church. Apparently expecting your third child is grounds for being released. I've been serving in the Young Women's program for the last 5 years and a little over 3 of those years I have been the president. To be honest I took being released a lot harder than I thought I would. I feel like I have been part of those girl's lives for so long, and now I'm not; it's hard. I shed a lot of tears (something I don't do very often) and said a lot of prayers. I was sad for a few weeks, but I am feeling much better now. I have a lot more free time on my hands, so I have been doing some scrapbooking and getting things ready for the baby. I have so much more time...I think I might have to take up extreme couponing!!!
I love being a mom and I love being with my kids. I spend my days going on adventures with my children. I'm always on the lookout for something new and exciting I can do with them. I also enjoy spending time with friends. I have some of the best friends a girl could ever ask for!! We meet once a week for playgroup where all the kids can play while us moms get to talk and hang out. We also get together once a month to play bunco...so fun!! Then there are walks, dinners, scrapbook days, family home evenings, play dates, and phone calls/texts in between. My friends are awesome!!
More: Spencer and I have been doing a lot of house hunting recently and just put an offer on a home in the city where we grew up. We haven't heard any news yet, but it's pretty exciting for us!! We always said that we wanted to move back "home" but never knew exactly when that would be. It's going to be hard (especially for me) to leave where we are now, but we both feel like this is the right move for our family. I am sure I will have more to write about on this topic as we get further in the process.
Sorry this is such a long post!! I really didn't mean for it to be so long!! I just wanted to freeze time so sometime in the future I can come back and read what was happening in our lives at this particular time.
6 comments:
So, I'm dying to know where this house is that you put an offer on!!
Congrats... that's so exciting. When you move we better be invited for a house warming night or something.
I wish we could hang out more... I need more friends. :)
Ha ha ha...we are too similar. I was realeased as YW President too before Tate was born. But then Ned was called to Bishopric...so just beware...ha ha ha
You look so cute and your kids are so cute too!!! We need to talk about 3!!! he he he
Where might you be moving, I don't know where you guys grew up?
Loved this post! Congratulations you two, I hope everything goes through with your offer on your new home. We love you and miss you!
congrats to Spencer, thats a big achievement.
I was the beehive advisor for over 3.5 years and i had a feeling I was going to be released about a month before but when it came i cried so hard, it took a few weeks of mouring to be ok, so i totally get it.
Good luck with the possible move 'back home', keep us all posted.
I'm loving the update on the family. I'm excited for all the fun things to come for you. And yes..you can stay at our house every year for the marathon. It will be so much fun.
Post a Comment