Friday, April 20, 2012

Pee-Wee Soccer

During February and March Owen got to participate in the city's soccer league. To make it more fun he was on the same team as his best buddy, Jackson. Practices went well and both the boys really seemed to be enjoying learning how to play and getting a chance to be outside (even though some nights were REALLY cold!!) Once the games started things got interesting....to say the least!!


Some games Owen would do great!! He would stay out on the field the entire game and really try and get the ball. Owen scored 6 goals one game and 4 at another. He usually scored at least once per game, but sometimes he may have scored for the other team!! Ha ha!! Other games Owen wouldn't really want to play and would either try and sit on the sidelines by me or he would just sit down on the field or mess around with Jackson. He's only 4....what can you expect?!


Overall it was a positive experience and Owen truly did enjoy it. I enjoyed watching all the cute little kids in their uniforms running all over the field. It was even entertaining to watch the kids mess around during the games. I got a big kick out of it.

Owen and Jackson

Warm-ups before game time with coach Trisha. Their team name was the Bruins.
I don't know where he gets this from, but every time Owen realized I was taking pictures of him he would throw up the double peace signs....cracks me up!!



Actually getting into the game

This picture is more of a fair reputation of what was going on during most of the games. Ha ha!!

During one game Owen and Jackson decided to just have a seat in the goal to talk a little bit of strategy. Look how serious Jackson is!!

After the season was over the city held a banquet for all the pee-wee soccer teams. There was pizza and drinks for everyone and then each team got a chance to stand up on the stage to be presented with a medal. Owen ate up the attention, he couldn't wait to receive his medal!!

Owen & Jackson at the banquet

On stage with their coach after getting their medals. (I didn't know that Owen was supposed to wear his uniform...oops!!)

After having soccer two nights a week for 2 months I was ready to take a little break, but Owen insisted that I sign him up for football....so that is our next adventure!! I am sure there will be more to come on that!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is adorable! Soccer is so much fun. We had Kashmin in it last Fall and he was loving it (there were times when he would fly his hand airplane instead of going after the ball!!! Being aggressive myself this was difficult to watch! So Funny!)

P.S.
You will do great with three kiddies (you have bounds of energy,... every time I check your blog, you are out and about doing something else! AMAZING!)

We really do need to get our families together (we just got Disneyland passes, we should meet up one evening before summer)

Heidi said...

So cute!

And regarding 3 kids, Yes & No! Somethings are way harder and just busier (getting going and doing things, at least at this stage, doesn't happen). BUT in regards to going out with an infant, diaper changes, etc. most of that you are totally use to and ready for anyway so that is not a huge change. So I don't want to lie and say it's super easy, no biggie, but you will totally be able to handle it!!! We just need to get together sometime. :)