Monday, June 11, 2012

Waiting and waiting.....and waiting!

Still waiting for this little baby boy to arrive!! I'm still a few days away from my due-date, but it feels like I'm a week over-due! I've had both of my kids early and this is the longest I've ever been pregnant, so I'm really starting to get impatient!! I thought for sure he would have been here by now. I totally thought that today was going to be THE DAY just because both Owen and I have birthdays on the 11th and it would be fun to have another one on the 11th, but it doesn't look like that's going to work out for me.

Last week I packed my schedule full, and had something planned every day to both keep me and the kids busy as well as to hopefully help me go into labor. Monday I dragged the kids to about 7-8 different stores doing every errand I could possibly think of to try and get everything done before the baby comes. We also visited the library and joined the summer reading program.Tuesday we spent the ENTIRE day at Disneyland (I seriously thought that would do the trick for getting this baby out!!). Then Wednesday it was a doctor appointment for me and a movie for Owen then more errands afterwards then an Eagle Scout Court of Honor that night. Thursday we went with a group of friends to the beach all day and all that did was make me extremely tired and extra irritable by the end of the day. Friday I did laundry all day and ironed everything I possibly could, and cleaned up the house. You would think all that would have put me into labor, but nope!! I think I have a very stubborn child in there!!

I'm just ready to get him here so we can move on with the next part of our lives!! I recently signed up for a triathlon which will be in October, so I am anxious to start training for that. I'm really looking forward to losing the 60+ pounds I've gained this pregnancy and throwing away my "fat" clothes for good. I'm just ready to have my body back and feel like ME again. Most of all I am anxious to hold my little baby in my arms and introduce him to his big brother and sister. I'm excited to have our family complete and see how this little boy is going to fit in. I don't think I can take the anticipation any longer!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We REALLY are twins. I know EXACTLY how you feel in every single way. Hoping it comes soon for you!!