With Thanksgiving only a few days away, it's hard not to think about all the things I am thankful for. I have seen several people either on their blogs or on facebook (sometimes I might have to use my husband's facebook to stalk some of you :) post about something they are thankful for each day this month. Since this month is already almost over and I don't have nearly enough time to post everyday I thought I might just do this once....but I promise to make it a good one.
I'm not going to lie, the last few months have been extremely difficult on my family and I. We have all been trying to adjust to our new life, yet we haven't completely gotten there yet. Moving is hard. Change is hard. I think I have been having the hardest time with everything. It's been an emotional, mental, and physical roller coaster. I miss my beautiful home where I brought two babies home from the hospital to. I miss my friends. My kids miss their friends. I miss going to church and seeing all the familiar faces. I miss having a church calling. I miss my morning runs and work-outs with my friends. I miss Monday nights with the Guerrero's. I miss playgroup. I miss my "old" life.
Maybe some of you are now thinking, "I thought this was a thankful post," I promise it is. It takes some hardship and struggle to really appreciate and be thankful for the things that I do have. So here is goes...the things I am most thankful for:
1. My husband. I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have a husband as loving and supportive and hard-working as Spencer is. Renovating a house can be stressful on a marriage, and let me tell you our situation hasn't been any exception, but we are getting through it and I think in the end our relationship will be stronger. I am just so proud of all the hard work Spencer has been doing getting our house ready for us to move into. He has made sure that I don't have to worry about anything other than taking care of our children. Spencer gets up early every day and goes to the house before work and then goes straight there after work to work some more. Spencer is working so hard to make this house perfect for me and the kids. He's been my rock through all this and has been so supportive of me and all the emotions I have been experiencing. I couldn't be more thankful for Spencer and I feel blessed to call him my husband.
2. My parents. When I asked them almost 2 months ago if we could "stay with them for awhile" I bet they had no idea it would be for this long. I am so thankful that they have not only allowed us to live with them, but they have been a HUGE help with the house renovation as well. My dad is at the house almost everyday working. He has done so much to help fix up the place, it's amazing! My mom has been helping fix up the backyard and has done more yard work in the last month than I have probably done my whole life. My parents have been fantastic putting up with us and our 3 very loud children for the last two months, and for that I am so grateful.
3. My Children. I am so thankful to have three beautiful children call me "mom." My kids had a hard time adjusting to living with my parents and the first few weeks were pretty rough on them, but we have finally settled into a routine and I am amazed at how well they are doing with everything now. Owen started a new preschool at the beginning of this month and has done fantastic with the transition. He has inherited Spencer's friendly personality and ability to make friends easily. Owen has already been telling me about all the new friends he has made at school, church, and the library that he wants to invite to his birthday party. Audrey has had a little bit harder of time (I think she is still struggling with having a baby brother!!) but she can be a little sweetheart when she wants to be and has an imagination like no other 2 year old I've ever met! Preston is a joy and has been such a blessing in our lives. His smile can instantly change my mood. He's a happy little guy and so much fun!
4. The Gospel. Moving into a new ward has been difficult....mostly for me, since the rest of my family has already adjusted and made new friends, whereas I still feel unsure and very out of place. But regardless of the ward I am in I am still thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the role it plays in my life. I am thankful for my Savior and his love for me. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan specifically for me. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend church each week and to hear all the words taught there. I am thankful that my children are able to grow up with the gospel in their lives.
5. My friends. I do miss seeing my friends almost daily, but I am so thankful for the phone calls and texts from them checking in on me to see how I am doing. I'm thankful for true friends who are there for me through thick and thin. Thankful for friends who don't mind making a short drive to get together, that really means so much to me!
6. My body. The woman's body truly is amazing. I'm thankful I was able to carry and deliver my three beautiful children. Even though my body will never look the same as it did before 3 pregnancies I am grateful that it can heal itself, and that I am still healthy and strong. I'm so thankful that my body has been able to feed three babies, lose baby weight, and keep up with all the running I demand from it.
There are many more things that I am thankful for, but these things stand out the most at this moment with everything I am currently going through. I am thankful for this time of the year and for the opportunity I have to be reminded of all the wonderful blessing I have in my life.
1 comment:
Holly, I love this! Thank you so much for helping me remember what this holiday is all about. I can't imagine how stressful things have been on you guys the past few months and you never cease to amaze me with your positive attitude through it all. You're a great example, the big sister I never had!
Post a Comment