Today was the annual Megan's Wings 5k race that we participate in every year. This year we were extra excited about it because it was a super hero theme and my kids were really looking forward to dressing up. I should have gotten a picture of Owen from the back, but he is wearing a ninja turtle shell on his back. Owen and Audrey ran the 1k kids race, and Preston stayed in the stroller with Spencer and just watched and cheered. We decided to wait one more year for Preston to run.
Here's the kids and I at the starting line waiting for the kids race to begin. The plan was for me to run with both of the kids, but as soon as the buzzer went off Owen took off on his own. I didn't see him until Audrey and I crossed the finish line. I was so proud of Owen!! He did amazing and ran the entire thing without stopping to walk once. he's a rock-star!
Audrey did great too! She's only 4 and beat a lot of kids who were older than her. She's a trooper.
I loved seeing how proud my kids were of themselves. They loved getting a medal and goodie bag at the end. Such a confidence building experience for my little ones!
After the kids race I ran the 5k while Spencer stayed with the kids. As always it was another great 5k!
No comments:
Post a Comment