Sunday, June 8, 2008

Crazy, Busy, Fun Week of Firsts

First I would like to thank everyone who came to the Modbe party. It was a lot of fun and I am already thinking about having another party in the fall when they get some new products. I decided that I really like Modbe's clothing.... this could turn into a bad addiction!

So this last week has been one of the busiest weeks ever! I wanted to post some of this stuff separately so this post wouldn't be super long, but every night I was just too tired from the day. The week was super-fun and full of first experiences for my little Owen.

Last Friday night (May 30) Spencer and I had the opportunity to go to Disneyland. This was Owen's FIRST trip to Disneyland. We got there around 6:30. We were hoping to have a nice dinner, walk around, watch a parade, and possibly go on a ride or two. Well it didn't quit work out that way. Owen pretty much cried the ENTIRE time! The only time he wasn't crying was on the tram rides to and from the parking structure to the park and during the electrical lights parade! He couldn't take his eyes off all the pretty lights!

Owen sat up on Spencer's shoulders the entire parade. He was so in awe by it all. As soon as the parade was over he started crying again. I guess I learned my lesson: Don't try to take Owen out during his bedtime!
A few days later, on Tuesday, I got to go to Disneyland again! I took Owen and met my good friend Melissa Wheeler and her family down there. This time Owen was an angel, and we really had a good time. Owen got his FIRST pair of ears with his name on the back.
Owen also went on his FIRST ride at Disneyland. It was the monster's Inc. ride. I was so nervous about taking him on it, I was afraid he was going to cry the entire time, but he LOVED it!
This week was also Owen's FIRST time to swing at the park. We met Jill and Kaelyn at the park, and these two really enjoyed the swings.

Since Owen and Kaelyn are still pretty small, we brought blankets and stuffed them into the seat around the kids, to help them stay up. Owen really did enjoy park.

After some hard core swinging, we put the babies on a blanket and let them interact. This was pretty much the FIRST time these two even acknowledged each others presence. They kept trying to pull off the other one's hat. It was too cute!



On Thursday Owen's cousins were in town, so we drove out to Santa Monica to spend the day with them. We went to Santa Monica Pier and ate lunch and then went down to the water to play. Here are Owen's four older cousins playing in the waves.

This is how much Owen had at his time at the beach. (yep...he slept the entire time)

After the beach we went back to Jason and Ashley's house for a little while. That's when Owen and Carter decided to wake up and join the party. I think these 2 boys are just too cute!

Spencer took Friday off, so we headed down to San Diego for a couple of days. We drove straight to Sea World Friday morning. This was Owen's FIRST trip to Sea World and his FIRST time touching a starfish.

This was also the FIRST time Owen saw a dolphin. It was so cool to have it swim right up to the glass. Owen could have watched that dolphin for hours.

Owen's favorite thing to look at by far were the seals. We visited them during feeding time so they were all barking really loud and being really cute. Owen decided that he needed to yell back at them. It was the funniest thing to watch Owen happily scream and squeal at the seals. I wish we had taken our video camera.

After a fun day at Sea World we checked into our hotel. This was the FIRST time Owen stayed overnight in a hotel. He did really well and slept all night in his pack-n-play!

The next morning our friends Paul and Jill and baby Kaelyn met us in San Diego. Since Friday was such a nice day we thought Saturday would be too, so we planned to go to the beach. It didn't quit work out that way. This is the FIRST (and hopefully last) time Owen sat by a pool in a sweatsuit and hat. Despite the weather we still had a great time, and decided to make it a tradition and go to San Diego every summer for a few days.

On Sunday we headed back to Santa Monica for Hudson's baby blessing. Here's Jason and Ashley with their adorable little boy.


Spencer and his two older brother's all had their FIRST son within four months of each other. This is the FIRST picture of the proud papas and their sons.

This was also the FIRST time that Grandma and Grandpa Hull had all their grandchildren together. It's pretty sad that this is the BEST picture out of the 20 that I took of all of them together. I guess that's what happens when you try to take a picture of 7 children 6 and under!

I told you that this was a crazy, busy, fun week. But to top it all off Owen sat in a high chair for the FIRST time at a restaurant. He did pretty well for the first 20 minutes, then we had to hold him.

Owen also had rice cereal for the FIRST time this week. He wasn't sure about it at first, but then he couldn't get enough of it!

It was a crazy week, but really fun. Too bad Owen probably won't remember any of these firsts!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow! What an eventful weekend... so Edgar is getting married in a few weeks. Are you guys going?

Amanda said...

What a fun filled week! I'm pretty sure that he is so cute and I'm pretty sure Hannah should date him. they can talk about their eczema stories together. I'm sure they will hit it off on the first date, after they turn 16...of course! hehe

It looks like you guys had a great week!!! I am so jealous you went to sea world, i want to go there so bad! We plan on coming to CA next year sometime. We might just have to go to San Diego!

I love all the pictures. Owen is a doll!!!! Keep up the posts!

Laura said...

Looking at your blog makes me miss Southern California so much! The beach and Disneyland....not that we don't get to go but it is such a hassle. No problem about ordering the Modbe shirts. I have been wanting to order for about a year (that's how much I have it together) so I am glad you had a party. Did you get a swim suit? They look so cute!!!

Taryn said...

Hi Holly! I found your blog through Jill's, I love seeing pictures of your little guy-he is so cute! So, Jason and Ashley are in our ward-we were there on Sunday and didn't see you guys at the blessing...that would've been fun to run into you though (we were sitting over on the side part of the chapel, that's probably why). I've only met Ashley once, I sat by her one day in Relief Society. I'm jealous of all the fun things you've gotten to do lately!

Beckie said...

Hey Holly,

I ran into your blog through Amanda's :) Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun. :) I actually live in Santa Monica now so if you ever want to stop by and hang out just let me know. I love having people over! :) Well, I hope everything is going well and you can rest from your very busy week. :)

Beckie (Henopp) Cochran

Beckie said...

oh Holly,

my blog is:
bandbcochran.blogspot.com

beckie :)

Jill Duncan said...

Cute pictures- Owen is just so cute, and such a good baby! Owen had A LOT of firsts this week. 'firsts' are so much fun for us parents- too bad the babies don't know what is going on! :)

We have to go back to the park soon!!