Owen's small birthday party with mom and dad
Here's Owen with the presents we gave him for his birthday on Thursday
He LOVED this little push-a-long bike we gave him. I just had to get one since he loved Kaelyn's purple princess one so much.
He's already figured out how to walk with it and knows that it's easier to push on the wood floor than on the carpet. He didn't want to go to bed that night because he wanted to play with this toy!
We also gave him a small cake to eat. (Thank-you Jack-in-the -Box for coming to the rescue on that one because I forgot to get a cake at the store) Owen was so funny about eating his cake. He didn't want to touch it so he kept poking at it. However he did want to eat it, but he wanted us to feed it to him...what a weird kid!
Saturday: The big MONSTER birthday party
I had originally planned on being outdoors so I had planned lots of fun outdoor games and had lots of fun monster prizes, but pin the eyeball on the monster was the only game that we were actually able to play. At least the kids didn't know the difference.
Here's Owen with some of his presents!
Kind of embarrassing opening up all those presents for Owen. Seriously everyone that came were way too generous!! Owen got so many cute, new things!! Thank you all for the great gifts!
My friend Rachael made this fantastic monster cake for Owen. I know she would want me to let you know that the nose got ruined in the car! It was so darling and definitely the star of the party! Spencer said the cake was way better tasting than the cupcakes I made for everyone else. Once again Owen kind of just poked at his cake. Thank you Rachael for all the hard work!! Anyone need a cake...I know a fabulous decorator!
Seriously the party didn't go as planned and I hate how when you're the hostess you don't get to enjoy the party. I thought it was a little crazy, but hopefully everyone who came had a semi-good time. Will I throw a first birthday party again? Probably not!! Especially since all Owen wanted to do was this:
Ward Christmas Party
Saturday night was our ward's Christmas party. The activities committee did a great job. The food was great, the decorations were great, and we had a great time with our awesome friends! Here's Scott, Mike, and Spencer.
Saturday night was our ward's Christmas party. The activities committee did a great job. The food was great, the decorations were great, and we had a great time with our awesome friends! Here's Scott, Mike, and Spencer.
During the party the entire ward sang and acted out the 12 days of Christmas. For some reason Spencer and his buddies were assigned to be the "ladies dancing." I'm not sure if Spencer's kind of dancing is appropriate for church?
Owen LOVED seeing Santa!
8 comments:
Oh man! So funny! Poor Owen. Him and Ethan need to get brave. Ethan HATES Santa too. Doesn't mind the gifts.. HATES the idea of going near him! My Grandpa has a Santa outfit, so I thought it would be easier going to grandpas to see Santa. I even told him that it was just Grandpa wearing the super special Santa outfit- he was Santas extra special helper and could pass the gift requests on to the real Santa. No dice. All he said to that was "no, I'll just stay in my room." Anyway. Yeah, holy party! You can plan my kids parties from now on! Look at all that work. It looked like a blast!
Also, About Wicked, that is a great idea! I'll look into it. Dustin already told me someday he'd take me. I bet he'll be more willing knowing Spencer and Cody liked it. Thats all I've heard about it is that it is great! Oh someday..
The monster theme is so adorable. I felt the same way about one-year-old parties until I had Annabelle and then of course went (a little) crazy.
The cupcakes were so cute! Great job. That Santa picture is priceless, and Spencer dancing....hilarious. I can always count on your blog to give me a good laugh.
I seriously might have to use this theme someday for a birthday party. Your monster cupcakes are adorable!! Sometimes I think planning a party is more fun than actually throwing it, ha! My plan is to always do a first birthday party for our kids and then wait until they're about five to have another big one when they really can appreciate it and know what's going on!
Oh, and your birth story (previous post) was seriously entertaining! I can't believe he came that early. He is such a handsome little one-year-old.
happy birthday to your cute little guy. I love the monster theme...great cake rachael! and cute cuppy cakes too. cracked me up to see him screaming with santa....i had a screamer (ava), and last year she turned into a dog on santas lap. this year though, perfect!
anyway, I was laughing out loud when I saw spencer imitating the dancing ladies.
he could sure inject some life back into the redhill christmas party with that! lol.
great post holly!
I'm laughing my head off right now at Spencer. He is so funny!!! I miss you guys! hahaha, I'm really laughing right now! Love the dancing! haha
Poor Owen was afraid of Santa. I don't blame him. I love the picture. You should send it in to Ellen. She does "bad santa pictures" on her show everyday. That would definetly get on the show! haha!
The party was so cute! Nice job! what a fun idea! I think the party is mainly for adults to get gifts for the kid. How fun that he had a great time.
Congrats on the first year! Aren't they so fun!?
PS-I'm still laughing about Spencer
Love the cupcakes--how long did that take you? That cake is great!Oh and love the Christmas party--Spencer seems to have the dance funny moves often! What a hoot!
I did the big first birthday party for Meg, then said I wouldn't do it again yet I did for Katie, so i guess Peyt will get one too (have to be fair)
Love the monster theme, the cake your friend made was amazing. happy birthday Owen!
Post a Comment