I guess the title of this post says it all! We moved into our new home a little over a week ago and I have been without the Internet ever since. Today I decided that I couldn't take it any longer so I jumped in the car and drove (in the pouring rain) to my parent's house to get a quick Internet fix! It will be another week until Verizon can make it out to our house to set up our home telephone and Internet services. So if you have been trying to reach me at home.....you can't, call my cell!
Here is a quick rundown of what has been going on since my last post.
1. We moved into our new house which I totally LOVE!!!
2. I've spent the entire last week un-packing boxes and moving furniture around, but am still dissatisfied with the look of things.
3. We have started to paint some walls, but not one of them is completely done.
4. I celebrated a birthday.....Shout Hooray!
5. The Young Women and I sold over 100 boxes of chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day, which we dipped, boxed, and distributed ourselves.
6. Spencer and I celebrated our 6th Valentine's Day together as a married couple. Needless to say he got me a box of chocolate covered strawberries.
7. Owen has already fallen in the new house and has a giant goose-egg on his forehead which looks green today.
8. We are enjoying the view from our house, especially watching all the hikers and people riding their quads on the trails just behind our backyard.
9. I came to the conclusion that I have the best parent's ever! They have been so great helping us get settled into our house. My dad has been over numerous times helping me do things around the house, including installing fabulous closet organizers which I am totally loving!
10. I never knew that I would get so excited about getting a new washer and dryer for my birthday! I think it's the best gift ever!! Thanks DAD!!!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yay! Congrats on the successful move in! That is great that you are loving it. It's amazing the gifts you get excited about.. I am hooked on Food Storage and Compost! Wow, thats nerdy! That awesome Spence got you that for Valentines Day!
Holly! Happy Birthday. We've been totally thinking of you. Did you do anything fun? Your parents are awesome. Please post pics of the new house soon. We cannot wait to see your place.
I have missed you!!!!
Moving is so horrible. I hate it. You realize how much junk you have how much stuff you don't need. I guess it can be a good thing! I hope you can get settled in quickly!
I have missed you!!!!
Moving is so horrible. I hate it. You realize how much junk you have how much stuff you don't need. I guess it can be a good thing! I hope you can get settled in quickly!
Congrats on getting moved in... I was thinking it had been a while since you posted... glad things are going so well for you guys!
Hey Holly--
Congrats on the new house! I know how it feels to be without a computer! When we moved to Seattle I did not have a computer for more than a month and had to go to the library but only could have an hour each day!!! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A new Washer and Dryer is a sweet gift--we got one recently and love it! What did you do?
So glad that you guys are getting all settled. I can't wait to see your house, I love that housing track. I think I spent 4 hours walking through them all.
Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one.
Oh, and, the strawberries were delicious!!! Good job with that one!
Hey Holl! I want to come and hang out, I just found out they are coming! I think I'll be there, I'll let you know!
Post a Comment