Sunday, March 29, 2009

This Weekend

What a fun weekend we had!! My cousin, Sami, was here from Utah with her husband and little boy. It was so nice to have them come and stay at our house and it was fun for Owen to get to know his little "cousin" (what are cousin's kids called, 2nd cousins??). These two are only one month apart.....so fun to watch them together!
Friday night we took them to our favorite pizza/play place, "John's Incredible Pizza." Here's Cameron and Owen taking a ride on Thomas the Train.
My brother and Allison even made the trip out to have some fun with us.
Cute boys on the rockets.
Then on Saturday morning Spencer, Owen, and I met up with these fun friends to make our second attempt to reach the "M" on the mountain.
This time I decided to carry Owen, since Spencer did all the hard work last time. (Not sure what my face is doing in this picture.)
The hike started out great. I thought I did a pretty good job with Owen on my back going UP the hill. I had all the faith in the world that this time we would make it to the "M."
As luck would have it about 3/4 the way to our destination two of the six people in our group were throwing up. I'm not going to tell you which two people were puking, but I will tell you that it sure wasn't me!! After some debating we decided to turn back and head back down from the mountain, we didn't want anyone getting even more sick.
So now we have failed TWICE at reaching the "M." Maybe it's just not meant to be.

5 comments:

Sami said...

Thanks again it was so much fun to hang out. Sorry you didn't make it to the M (bummer) I hope you guys can come to the reunion in June.

dillon and kim said...

Now you've got me curious... this 'M' must be haunted or something! At least you guys got to spend some time together outside :)

Dustin and Kellie said...

How fun for the cousins to get together! They are both cuties! Wow. I agree with dillion and kim.. Maybe the "M" doesn't want you to make it all the up.. Glad you guys had fun!

aprilaleman said...

Let us know when you hike it, I can't speak for Wes :) but I know I would like to do it.

Holley Williamson said...

too funny, better luck next time!