Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I promise we're not in a cult

Over the weekend Spencer and his friend, John, took a rode trip to Phoenix for the weekend to celebrate Spencer's 28th birthday. First stop was to see Shaq and the rest of the Suns beat the Kings!
This guy may have been the real reason that they went to Phoenix. That's right: Spencer personally knows the guy who is the Sun's mascot, and he may of hooked John and Spencer up with really great seats to the game.
Spencer said it was so awesome to watch his friend out there entertaining the crowd, and even more awesome when the gorilla dunked the basketball.
After Spencer returned home from the road trip I gave him a small little party at our house with a few friends and family members. The highlight of the night was giving Spencer his present.....a snuggie!!

Spencer decided that the snuggie would be worn in full force at his party!
Don't you just want to put on a snuggie and go give some high fives at a baseball game now? Or cuddle up on the couch with a book and not worry about your arms getting cold? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to watch more TV). That's what a snuggie can do for you! Spencer told me that this was the best birthday gift he's ever gotten....and I believe it!
Look how excited Paul is about it! Paul, you're going to have to get your own snuggie!!
Disclaimer: A snuggie is a blanket with sleeves. It is not in any way affiliated with any cult or group in any way. ( just in case you were worried that we have gone crazy over here!)

5 comments:

Melinda said...

It is so fun to see the pictures of Devin, John and Spencer. Looks like the boys had a great time!

Cam and Chelle said...

WOW! Spencer looks ridiculous! We're gonna start throwing rocks!! teehee Miss you guys!

Dustin and Kellie said...

So funny!!!! Haa! What a fun birthday!

Amanda said...

I always get a good laugh when I go to your blog! Probably because your husband is hilarious! only Spencer would want a snuggie for his birthday! were you laughing when you bought it!? I would have been!!!

I think you should post about the "snuggie" in action. I want to see spencer using the snuggie!

Anonymous said...

U guys are HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE IT! I have seen this SEVERAL TIMES, never would have thought SOMEONE would get one! HA! JK! Like you guys! I see why he LOVES it so MUCH! ;) HA! Sweet fun at the game for Spencer! I am SO BUMMED I MISSED out on the PARTAY!! PLEASE note, TODD had a SCOUTING thing and I wasn't able to make it! :( OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE CRASHED IT! ;) Hope EASTERS was AMAZING for you guys!!