Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

Thank you to everyone who gave me some advice about making home made cinnamon rolls. On Sunday I finally put my new found knowledge to the test and made my first batch of cinnamon rolls ever! I decided to take the advice of my sister-in-law Sarah and let Pillsbury help me out a little bit. I decided that with my first go-around I would make it as easy as possible on myself. After looking at four different grocery stores I finally found this precious blue box.
And here is the result!
Even though I used a mix to help me I still feel like I made them from scratch, and it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. The cinnamon rolls were delicious!! I took them to church with me and the girls LOVED them! One comment was that they were better than her mom's home made cinnamon rolls. Spencer has asked me every day since when I am going to make them again. So thank you Sarah and thank you Pillsbury for helping me make my first batch of cinnamon rolls ever!

There were a few of you who left comments about Alton Brown's recipe for cinnamon rolls. Now that I have a tiny bit of experience I am going to try his recipe next. I will let you know how those turn out!

3 comments:

aprilaleman said...

Your so cute Holly. I laugh so much that you like my blog, because I feel like it is so boring, and everyone else is so much more clever, interesting and write more witty. So THANK YOU! And your rolls look awesome! My mother in law, makes these cinnamon rolls which are famous in Chino... she used to sell them for fundraisers.

Kevin and Amanda said...

Good advice! I am going to have to try that out! I have seen that precious blue box...I will have to try it out!

Sarah Hull said...

oh I am so glad you tried those and like it! They are super yummy and now I am totally craving one!
How fun to have accomplished your new years resolutions! Way to go!