On Saturday some of my friends and I competed in our very first triathlon!! What an experience it was. I never thought that I would actually compete in one....but I did it! And I finished!! Here is the group of five girls before the race started.

Here we are all lined up at the starting line getting ready to run!

I have run in two previous 5K's, but this one was by far the hardest! The entire course was a hill. We started off by running down a giant hill and once at the bottom we had to turn around and run back up it. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty brutal! This is why I look like this after I crossed the running finish line, I thought for sure that I was going to die running up that hill!!

Right after the 5k run it was time for the 9.3 mile bike ride. Haley and I rode a tandem bike. Here we are getting ready to start the biking portion of the race.

And we're off!!

I really have to give it up to Haley. Her and I have been working out together every morning for the past year now. We have become so close and have had so many good times. She was such a motivation to me throughout the entire race. We stayed together the entire time
(I guess we kind of had to since we were on the same bike), and she kept telling me that I could do it. She gave me that little bit of the extra push that I needed! I couldn't of asked for a better person to compete with!

I was very proud of my performance, I wasn't sure when I started that I would actually finish, but I did! The problem with these
competitive races is: I get addicted. I'm already thinking about doing another one. I love to challenge myself....maybe a longer one next time?
Side note: I did swim in this
triathlon, but no pictures were taken. Trust me....you wouldn't want to see that!
10 comments:
I'm way impressed. I just signed up for a half marathon, but that's easy to do since I'm forbidden to exercise until June. It's easy to commit when I can't do anything (yet).
p.s. you're looking great!
Holly, what's your email address? Email me at michelle.aller at gmail.com so I can answer your q about Annabelle.
Oh my! You are amazing. lets see, I think I worked out maybe a week ago... You are inspiring !!
Go Holly! I need to find something like that up here... it looks like fun. I would be glad the run was at the beginning rather the end... I hate that part!
YAY Holly!!! This is so awesome! I'm totally jealous of how in shape you are. Did you guys register for the 5K yet? How am I ever going to keep up with you?
That is seriously so impressive! I bet it's the best feeling when you finish (I wouldn't know, I've never ran a race!)
I've been looking at infant car seat covers and remembered that you had a cute one for Owen. Where did you get yours?
Go you! That is incredible!! You are a great role model!!
This is so cool Holly! Soooooooo cool! Congratulations! I know you can swim but triathlons? You are so inspiring.
wow miss holly good for you. leif and I are training to do a marathon again. Really it is just an excuse to come back to cali to run the L.A. Marathon. of course it is a year away but still it was so much fun.
In response to your question no leif did not pick out that shirt but leifs brother did and shockingly i think he is a little more perverted than my husband.
The good thing though was that I now have a new blackberry we got it all worked out after a week or so of frustration.
YOU GO GIRL!!! I love the finish line picture! SO awesome!
Post a Comment