Monday, July 27, 2009
Tan Lines
Lately this has been Owen's attire of choice for around the house. I can't blame him, it's been so darn HOT!! I didn't notice how much of a farmer's tan my child had until I up-loaded these pictures on to my computer. His little arms and legs are so tan compared to the rest of his body!! (I always keep a shirt on him when he is outside....in case you couldn't tell). We have been spending A LOT of time outdoors.

On Saturday we went to Huntington Beach along with about 1/2 of Southern California! It was so crowded and the waves were the biggest I have ever seen in Cali....like 15-20 feet! CRAZY!! No one was in the water, so everyone was packed onto the sand. It was also the US Open for surfing so it was fun to watch that going on.
If the Surf Open wasn't enough there was also a BMX tournament going on contributing to the mass amount of people. I will say that Spencer was in heaven...he loves a crowded beach and loves to be in the middle of what is going on.
Me being a "mean mom" has paid off. We had a few "beach breakthroughs" with Owen on Saturday. It was the first time he walked on the sand without shoes and didn't really seem to mind. He LOVED the water and laughed hysterically when the waves hit his feet. He also played with the sand....this is quite the accomplishment for my child who won't touch anything!!! YEAH Owen....I am such a proud mom!! I told you I would make my child be a beach lover!!


We had such a fun weekend. I wish I would have taken more pictures. Jill and Paul enjoyed the beach with us, but of course I am without any pictures for proof. We had such a great time and the kids did awesome. It made me super excited for our big beach camp-out we are going on with a bunch of friends at the end of summer....I can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Owen is such a little boy, I love it! And his tan lines are too cute.
supa cute!
Post a Comment