Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Surprise

First of all for those of you who didn't know.....I'm pregnant!! I had wanted to keep it on the down low for awhile, but Spencer decided to post it on Facebook, so it really hasn't been much of a secret!! I am 17 weeks along and due on March 18th. The first 3 months I felt awful!! Just tired all the time and really nauseous, I was also super hungry and ate everything in sight (which has contributed to a large amount of weight gain already, which I really don't want to get into at this moment). But for the last month I have been feeling like myself again; I barely even feel pregnant!

Ever since Spencer and I first got married we both pictured ourselves with children. It's funny because we both imagined having two of three boys first and then having a baby girl as our youngest. When we were pregnant with Owen we were both POSITIVE that it was a boy, so when we had our ultrasound we weren't that shocked, just excited!

Well last night we took Spencer's parents and my mom out to dinner and then to a ultrasound place to find out the sex of our baby. I'm sure you have guessed by now what happened next....she told us that it's a girl!!! I was beyond shocked because I had been so sure it was going to be another boy. I think everyone in the room was pretty surprised. It was fun having our family there with us. We all hugged and shared a few tears. It was a special moment...unforgettable!

Right after we found out I just couldn't wrap my head around having a baby girl, it seemed so surreal to me. Then last night I dreamt about little baby girls and all their cute clothes and hair bows. I also had dreams about planning my daughter's wedding (weird I know). So this morning I am totally excited and ready for a little girl!! Can't wait to go shopping!!!

P.S. I'm sure Spencer will be posting his side of the story and his reaction on Facebook today. He was just as surprised as I was to find out that it's a girl.

15 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

Congrats guys! You will LOVE having a sweet baby girl!

HunnyHull said...

Holly that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys. Girls are so fun, you just have to get into all the girliness of it all and then it is exciting. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Jill Duncan said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you guys! Yeah- girl shopping is SO much fun. Owen is going to be such s good big brother to his little sister. You are going to love having a little girl! I'm so, so, so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!

*I will admit that for my sake I was hoping you would have another boy since I'm having a boy- but that's just me being selfish! :)

Laura said...

Congrats! I always thought I would have all boys too, I am so glad I got my girl when I did :)

Taryn said...

That is such exciting news! Congratulations!

michelle said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting :) We are so happy for you both! Girls are so fun... and sassy!

Fife Family said...

Congratulations! Yes, girls are definitely fun in a different way. You will love it!

Sarah Hull said...

I am SO excited for you guys! This is too fun!!! I too can't wait to start shopping for this little gal.
Congrats!!!! When I told the girls they got SO excited!!
Glad you're feeling better!

Maia said...

Huge congrats to the 3 of you!!! Little Owen is such a handsome well dressed little guy, I can imgaine what your little girl will be like!!! Make sure you share lots of pictures so I can see her all dressed up.
Are you on FB too?

Tyler and Staci said...

Yay! Congrats guys!!!! We are so excited for you. Hope you're doing good.

Sami said...

I was so excited when I heard. We have to have another joint shower with the fam. It's tradition. Let me know if you are really coming up for Thanksgiving.we could do it then. It was fun to see your mom. Congrats!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

You know, you hid feeling sick really well. All your 5K's and everything. You are a trooper! We are so excited for you! That is great! Girls are definately different than boys, but still so much fun! Congrats!

The Benches said...

That is so awesome! Little girls are the best! I am so happy for your cute family! Hope you contiue to feel welL!

Marti and Leif Stockdale said...

congratulations and good luck with two :) my girl was easier than my boy