Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Little O

My little Owen is very quickly becoming my "big boy." He is growing so fast, I cannot believe it!! He has changed so much these last few months, I decided that I better document some of these fun changes while they are still fresh in my mind.

When I saw the cutest fireman costume on sale, it was decided that Owen was going to be a fireman for Halloween. He is OBSESSED with wearing the hat and boots, it's the first thing he wants to do when he wakes up in the morning. "Mommy, boots," he says. And no pants is a requirement!!
Sticking out his tongue is "classic Owen." The kid is also really into wearing hats. I just bought him a few more because everyday he loves to pick out a hat to wear, so they are getting worn out fast!!
The next few pictures were all taken today. I have been taking Owen to this play gym ever since he was about 12 months old. He LOVES it there, and always has the best time. He runs around the place for the entire hour, jumping, dancing, tumbling, and playing. He cries now every time that we have to leave.
Today was his first time going down this GIANT slide! I thought he might cry, but he loved it and did it twice!! Here he is at the top of the slide and......
here he is at the bottom in the foam pit!! Those are his little legs you see sicking out of the blue foam. He wasn't phased one bit by landing head first!!

This summer has been filled of trips to the water park. Owen's favorite thing is to shoot water at all the other kids with this water gun.
Other things about Owen that I want to remember:
-Orange is his favorite color (and the only one he can currently recognize) and he points out orange things all day long.
-He talks SO much!! He says new words everyday. It's amazing how well he talks!!
-Lately he has an obsession with pumpkins and gets so excited every time he sees one, which is pretty much every time we are in a store!
-He loves cars, trucks, and trains. He knows the difference between cars and trucks and loves to make the different noises when he is playing with his cars. Crashing cars is also common.
-He wants to be able to ride a bike. He tries climbing on Spencer's bike every time it is out, and when he sees the neighbor kids riding their bikes he runs and puts on my bike helmet. (I think I see a bike and a helmet in Owen's near future!!)
-He is always trying to take off his diaper...so annoying!! After dealing with a few nasty messes, I've resorted to putting him in onesies to sleep and when we are just hanging out at home.
-He really is a sweet little boy who loves to give his mommy hugs and kisses, when he's in the right mood! For the most part he is pretty well behaved too.
-Owen now enjoys going to the nursery at church and gives us no problems when we drop him off.
-Our furniture has turned into his personal jungle gym. He has no fear and will jump right off the back of our couch, I really have to watch him!!
-Owen is such a joy to have in our family!!! We love him so much!!!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

The 'no pants' makes the fireman costume, so cute!

dillon and kim said...

I can't believe how much he's changed since we were there, what a handsome young man! I love love love the no pants fireman, too cute!

Cam and Chelle said...

Oh, Holly! He's so so cah-ute!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

What a sweet boy! I love that you wrote all that down! Everyday my kids will say something so funny and I'll think where is a pen I have to write that down. But once I find a pen I can't remember all of it. I love his sweet personality! It is so fun seeing the things kids are into. How different one is to the next. I am so happy for you that he is happy going to nursery. Ethan had a really tough time with that. Man what a sweetie Owen is!