Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Confession

It has taken me awhile, but I am FINALLY posting some pictures from Halloween. I do have a small confession to make though. The reason I didn't post this sooner is because I didn't really take any pictures of Owen on Halloween in his costume. I actually took most of these pictures this morning. Oops!! This year Owen was a little fireman. He loved his costume and continues to wear the hat and boots almost daily.




We spent Halloween night at Spencer's parents house since they get so many trick-or-treaters. It was fun because my mom, brother, and Allison came and spent the night with us too. After a yummy dinner we headed out to the porch to hand out candy and watch all the kids in their costumes. Owen started off the night happily sitting on daddy's lap handing out candy.
There were so many kids out trick-or-treating this year we ran out of candy at 8:15 after handing out about 3,000 pieces....and that was only one piece per child. It was CRAZY!!!
After awhile Spencer and I attempted to take Owen trick-or-treating. He was pretty unsure about the whole thing.

After only three houses Owen decided that his trick-or-treating was over for the year and threw a huge tantrum. Screaming, kicking, hitting, and crying included. There were 100's of kids walking the streets and I think our child was the only one having a fit. Seriously.....what kid cries on Halloween?? I don't get it. Spencer says this will be something we look back on and laugh about later. Let's just say I'm not laughing yet.

7 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Holy Cow- 3000 piece of candy!!! WOW! Ethan wasn't really into it this year either. I don't even think he's had a piece of his candy either. He's just not a candy lover- that must be a daddy gene, cause it's definately not from me!

HunnyHull said...

Owen looks so cute in his costume! What a cute kid.

The Benches said...

He is seriously the cutest little fireman I've ever seen!

Jill Duncan said...

I love Owens costume! The good thing is that he'll probably fit into it next year too! :)

Heidi said...

It was nice to see you too...even though I am still embarrased about how I looked. My celeb hat/sunglassess look didnt work to well for me...ha ha ha

Owen is way cute (AND TINY) I was telling my hubbie about his and Asher's HEAD difference, still laughing.

Yeah lets plan a date for sure!!!

You look cute as ever too...prego! :)

Taryn said...

Ok, I had the same idea to take some more pictures of Nate in his Halloween costume, but got lazy and didn't feel like fighting a battle (he wasn't too crazy about it in the end). You got some WAY cute ones though-Owen is such a cute kid!!

dillon and kim said...

Owen is growing up so fast! I can't get over that darling fireman costume! So someday I really want to go trick or treating at Spencers parents... it sounds crazy, our neighborhood is so boring!