Why is it that being pregnant is an open invitation for strangers to talk to me (and by strangers I mostly mean old women)?? I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and feeling like I'm ready to be done. If you didn't already know this, I am a TERRIBLE pregnant woman, I don't enjoy at all. Don't get me wrong I enjoy talking to some strangers, but for the most part all I've had is negative encounters!! So here are some tips on WHAT NOT TO DO if you are a stranger and you decide that you have to talk to me:
1. When talking to me, please refrain from looking directly at my giant belly.
2. When you find out that I am only 5 1/2 months along don't reply with ANY of these responses:
-Are you sure you aren't having twins?
- Wow you're big!!!
- Stare at my belly and repeat 3 times, "You're big."
- That is going to be one big baby!
- How big was you're first baby? This one is sure to be bigger!
- The back pain will only get worse because you are going to get a lot bigger.
3. If you are a stranger please don't touch my stomach!!!
4. Unless you are currently pregnant or have been in the last 5 years don't give me any pregnancy advice!!!
5. Don't say anything that might make me cry, because it's pretty hard to control all these tears lately!!
Does anyone else have (or had) problems with this?? I am so annoyed with people everywhere I go.....is this normal, or are the hormones talking right now?
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
just pretend you are deaf... or don't speak English. It works every time!!!
Or just say "oh, I'm not pregnant.." then it makes them want to cry.
I'm sorry. I get huge and strangers let me know it. The comments seem to just get more and more out of hand with each following month.
oh the joys!!!
LOL!!!
Don't you just LOVE pregnancy:)
I bet you look wonderful! I kept getting the "wow, you're HUGE" comments too! Just punch them and walk away... blame it on the hormones !
Yeah Holly I love you so much more now!!!!
I always tell everyone I HATE women who always say they love being pregnant. They are either lying or for some odd reason really do enjoy it.
I HATE getting fat! I hate feeling horrible. I hate being tired. Etc. Do I need to go on. I always had people ask if I was having twins too and my babies were both 7lbs. So I can totally empathize with you with all you say.
I will just close by saying I think you look adorable and just right! (You look the exact same as me at the exact same stage)! CUTE! Well I hope I looked ok...
Anyway thanks for that post.
Ugh, how annoying!!
Everywhere I go now the comments are "Wow, you sure have your hands full." Why don't people understand that is the last thing I want to hear as I have a crying baby and am trying to tackle my toddler?
Holly,
Congrats on your new little one! Your Owen is such a doll, this little girl is bound to be a heartbreaker!
As far as inconsiderate idiots... Dont let them get you down! Their just jealous that their grandkids arent nearly as cute as little Owen! Hope everything is going well for you guys.
Kelly
I know, every night I have tons of stories to tell Paul about how annoying people are! The worst to me right is when strangers ask me what we are naming the baby! Like they even care!!! Today a women in the elevator at the mall looked at me and said "Wow, you're gonna be busy".
Holly
People are so dumb! But this post did make me laugh. I still remember when you were pregnant with owen and you came up here for your shower. You were so happy and cute, I specifically remember Dillon mentioning what a awesome pregnant girl you were, and it honestly made me less afraid to get pregnant, so next time a stupid person says something I think you should tell them to shove it!
PS: I don't remember you ever getting 'fat' or abnormally large so I think you should post a belly picture cause I wanna see :)
I hate being pregnant and I hate all the rude comments that come with being pregnant. I think I have had all of the things you wrote said to me at one point and had to many strange people want to touch my belly. Hang in there! Maybe you can belly bounce them :)
U CRACK me UP!! By the way CONGRATS to u guys! Sorry I AM A TINY BIT LATE?!! HA!! Miss ya guys!
Post a Comment