

OK so as you can see from the pictures my son has a Dora doll, and yes, I am the one who bought it for him. Owen enjoys watching Dora on TV and one day while we were out shopping we passed by the doll and Owen reached out for it. I usually will pick up a toy or two while we shop, let Owen play with it at the store, but I never buy the toys and bring them home, it just keeps him entertained while I get the shopping done. On this particular day Dora was the toy that I had no intention of buying, but as we shopped Owen was being so cute with the doll. He kept trying to feed her his snacks and he kept hugging her, it was adorable. When it came time to check out I couldn't bare to take the doll away so I bought it. Owen has slept with Dora every night since then, and still likes to give her hugs.
Personally, I think it's fine for my son to have a doll....so sue me! He's going to be a big brother soon, so the doll is good practice, right? Well my dear husband couldn't disagree more. He despises the doll and can't believe that I would even think to buy HIS SON a doll. Spencer doesn't allow Dora out of the crib when he is home, and he tries to get Owen to forget about her. The Dora doll has been an on-going debate in our house since Dora came to live with us. So I want to know from you all what you think about little boys having a doll?
11 comments:
do you remember when Ella used to sleep with a life size Diego and Bryant would get all upset that she was sleeping with a boy??? Well, who knows where Diego is now. He's long gone and it was just a phase.
I am with you, the Dora doll is great practice for him and he is learning to be gentle and kind. It's just practice for the real thing.
When Spencer starts to feel bad about the Dora doll, just tell him about Carter wanting to wear a princess dress the other day... ya, bryant about went through the roof with that one!!!
SO funny! I wouldn't worry about it. Soon enough there will be a ton of "girl" toys around the house, and there will be no stopping him.
I think it is awesome, and great practice, clark treats october like his own little doll all the time :) by the way, I am going to be in town from feb 10-24, just wanted to let you know.
My 4 yr old used to LOVE Dora and I slowly tried and eventually did convert him over to Diego. Like you said I think its good practice for him for when the baby arrives. I dont think its anything to worry about. :)
Holly I think having a Dora doll is FINE. Its not like he is playing with barbie doll's and dressing them up :)And I think your right it is good practice for when the baby comes. Good luck. And tell Spencer to relax.
Sorry Holly... I am with Spencer on this one. Sure kids can play with them when they are playing at a friends house, but I for one wouldn't buy one. I mean the pictures are hilarious and all, and the debate is classic!
Wait until Owen starts playing with his little sisters Barbies!! :)
It is a Dora doll not a Cabbage Patch. Dora is pretty unisex if you ask me.
My NEPHEW is so obssessed with Dora as well...I dont think anything is wrong with it. A doll or two...no big deal. Now if he exclusivly starts playing with barbies, dora, etc...
Asher loves playing with his BABY DOLLS. He carries them, kisses them, etc. But he sees Ella doing it so its only natural for him to copy and I think its sweet.
Let him have Dora!! I would've done the same thing. And just look how much he loves her-how could you take her away?
I love it. Keep the doll for sure. It is cute and funny and he will grow out of it. Just a phase!
Toys come and go--I think that you are right on getting it for him. Maybe it will help with transitioning to having a baby sister! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment