Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Potty Training?

Before Owen was even two Spencer wanted to start potty training him. We bought a potty a few months ago, but hadn't really done anything with it until this last week. I kept telling Spencer that there was no way Owen was even close to being ready to potty train, but he insisted. So for the last couple of nights before bed Spencer has been putting Owen on his potty and to my surprise he has actually peed twice!!
But most of the time Owen is more interested in playing with the potty than actually going potty.
I think this picture pretty much sums up Spencer's thoughts on potty-training for the moment!
Hate to say "I told you so!"

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like how my husband feels. Exactly. He got this idea...like Spencer...it didn't work. So, we are waiting and we will try again....

Love the pictures!

Lindsay said...

57 days to go until your baby GIRL is here! I m so excited for you and completely jealous. ;) We can't wait to meet your sweet little girl! Good luck on potty training Owen. I can totally see Tyler saying and trying the exact same thing!

dillon and kim said...

ha ha, you're a better wife than me, I love to say "I told you so!" Potty training is for sure something I'm dreading, you'll have to give me some tips when the time comes.

Cam and Chelle said...

Heehee! We pushed Jace to potty and I turned into this beastly mom. SO we are waiting to train Campbell until maybe Kindergarten!! Good luck in your quest!

The Benches said...

It took us a solid 9 months of on and off success to completely potty train Kara. WOOF! I hate potty training. Hope yours goes faster than ours! Owen is so cute, I can't stand it!

Dustin and Kellie said...

POTTY TRAINING IS HARD! It takes so much patience and commitment from the parents (MOMS)! I feel like that everyday- then I slack- then I do better! At this rate Maren will NEVER BE POTTY TRAINED! It took us so long with Ethan, but now it's surprisingly amazing- 9 months of difficult training, and never once has he peed the bed or in his pants! I'll take it!

Melissa said...

I have heard that trying to get kids potty-trained before they are ready causes them to have night-time accidents when they are older. And I have seen it with some of the older kids that I have watched... I would watch for when he starts to show real interest in being ready and then start potty-training. Good Luck!!!