Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ummm....It's July

Why do all retail stores think it's fall already??
Last I checked it's July and it was 105 degrees out today so why are all clothing stores only carrying pants, sweaters, and winter coats? (like I'm EVER going to need to thick winter coat in So Cal.) Does this bug anyone else???
Before we left for Utah, I went out to get Owen a new pair of sandals. I could NOT believe that I couldn't find a single pair of sandals anywhere. Every store I went to I was told the same thing, "all the summer stuff is being clearanced out to make room for fall merchandise." Seriously?? It's just the beginning of summer and it will be hot here until at least Thanksgiving, probably even till Christmas!! Why can't I buy bathing suits, hats, shorts, and sandals during the summer?? I personally think these items should be sold year round in California.
I am so annoyed by this. But you know what annoys me more?? On my quest to find sandals for the summer I went to Babies-R-Us and guess what I saw as soon as I walked through the door?? Halloween Costumes!!! Are you kidding me?? It's JULY!!! Like I said: SUPER ANNOYING!!

On a Positive Note: Yesterday I went to Target and like every other retail store they are getting rid of all their summer stuff, but I have to admit the 60% off summer merchandise really did work in my favor. I scooped up some new beach chairs, an adorable picnic basket, a couple of outdoor lanterns, a cute swimsuit cover-up and a boche ball set for SUPER cheap!! So thank you Target for having all your cute summer items on sale during the summer, but please try to hold off on putting out the Halloween costumes until September.

If you have a Target in your area I highly recommend checking out their summer clearance items, they have a ton of cute stuff!! I just might have to go back tomorrow and see if the prices are reduced even more!!

2 comments:

The McGary Family said...

oh! I love sales! I really enjoyed playing boche ball at the reunion, maybe I'll go to target to grab a set.
I agree with how annoying it is that the stores don;t sell during the right season. Like if you don't buy plastic easter eggs in January you're out of luck!?!

dillon and kim said...

As much as I love items being clearanced, it is a pet peeve of mine to see the next season's stuff up early. Especially summer to fall because I think summer is always too short anyway!