Sunday, August 29, 2010

Current Favs

I am loving this show right now!! Since television always goes downhill in the summer, I am so glad I have at least one show that I can get in to!! I am especially loving that it's now a hour and a half, which means.....more DRAMA!! This season I am totally routing for Mondo and Casanova. And is it just me, or is Heidi Klum getting a little old for all those short, tight, mini-skirts?
OK, so I have been doing really well trying to live a healthier lifestyle, which means NO CANDY and NO JUNK!! I went three months without eating any kind of junk food, but now I have discovered the best candy ever!! If you haven't tried the new pretzel M&M's I suggest you drop everything you are doing right now and go out and buy a bag...they are divine! The perfect mix of salty and sweet and of course, chocolate! These are my weakness at the moment.

I am also loving Payless's bogo at the moment. I have been 3 times to 3 different stores in the last couple of weeks and have picked up so many cute things, for super cheap!!! I guess I never realized that it's not all about the shoes, Payless has lots of fun purses, jewelry, and accessories. Check it out, if you haven't already!
And my newest discovery?? Amy Atlas. If you've never heard of her, don't feel bad I never had either until about 6 weeks ago. I discovered her blog and have been addicted ever since. The woman and her team need to have their own reality show, they are amazing!! She is a party planning genius and pretty much my new idol. I've discovered several other blogs dedicated to party planning and I added the links to my blog in case you are interested. But I will warn you: you might get addicted!!
Here is just one example of what Amy Atlas is about. I am obsessed with her ideas and table-scape's. I don't think I will ever throw a party the same way again.
So these are just a few of my favorite things right now.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Holly! I agree with you on Amy Atlas. And the other fun party blogs. For my sister's wedding, we combined the candy buffet you pictured with the color scheme of another. let's just say it was a dream come true. I am with you on the addiction... it can be so fun!

Sarah Hull said...

I have to go buy those m&m's ASAP! They look fabulous! I love sweet and salty together! oh yum!!! and I die over payless! Love their necklaces, socks and purses and of course their flats. I seriously am always wearing something from payless!
Super fun post. Excited to check out Amy Atlas! Thanks for the tips!
See you Friday!!!

Taryn said...

I love posts like this! I am loving Project Runway this season too. It's the only show I watch right now!

And yes, if I had all the money in the world, I would hire Amy Atlas to throw all my parties!

The McGary Family said...

love Project Runway, I have too many favorites on the show (ones I love and those I roll my eyes at). But I do enjoy saying Cas-a-NOV-a!

I have been enjoying the new BIG bag of Peanut Butter MMs, so much better than Reese's pieces.

LOVE BOGO. Just bought some sunglasses, shoes, jewerly and some other stuff. Payless Rocks!