On Wednesday my mom and I met up with Jill and a group of mom's for a tour of Amy's Farm. I would have to evaluate the experience as a fun one other than the horrid smell, the HEAT, and all the flies!! I could not believe all the flies and all the flies that followed us home in our car...pretty disgusting!! The kid's seemed to have a good time, and even Owen got into the action a little bit. (He is still pretty reserved when it comes to trying new things). The highlight of the trip was when the kid's got to take turns brushing this mini-horse, I was so proud that Owen actually did it!!! Owen did say no to petting any of the animals in the petting zoo and milking a cow....oh well, maybe next time!!
Seeing the bunnies
Audrey and Grandma. Audrey didn't seem to mind all the flies that kept landing on her, she was so happy the entire time.
After the tour of the farm all the kids got to pick out a pumpkin to take home. This was Owen's favorite part of the farm experience.

I do know that Owen learned something from our little trip because this morning as I was eating a bowl of cereal Owen and I had the following conversation:O: "Mommy, milk comes from cows on the farm. I saw the cows yesterday."
Me: "That's right Owen, milk does come from cows."
O: "Kaelyn milked the cow and now you eat it."
Me: "OK" (no sense arguing with a 2 year old about the milk in my cereal not being the exact same milk Kaelyn milked from the cow).
1 comment:
So fun! Tell Owen not to be too worried about not wanting to try new things. I am almost 29 and I don't know if I would have tried to milk a cow. I think I would need a week to tell myself I'd be fine. What a smart little boy too! Fun trip!
Post a Comment