Monday, December 13, 2010

Advent Days 6-12

We have been enjoying all the advent activities this year and it's been great to get fun ideas from all of you!! I am loving seeing all the blogs with advent ideas. I want to post what we have been doing too, even though I don't have pictures for all of them.
Day 6: Attend a gingerbread house making party!
We had a blast with all of our friends at the party, but sadly no pictures were taken, but for good reason: our "house" turned out horrible!! Our "house" actually turned into a Christmas Bus, and let me tell you, it was NOT pretty my friends. So instead I am posting this picture perfect gingerbread house I stole from the Internet and we can all pretend we made it at the party.

Day 7: Owen & Mommy shop for a gift for Audrey. And Audrey & Daddy shop for a gift for Owen.
Day 8: Visit Santa at the mall with playgroup
Owen was actually sick this day so we didn't get to do our activity.
Day 9: Make a foam gingerbread house.
Owen loved this and I totally recommend it for small children over a real gingerbread house with all the candy.
Day 10: Take a break from Christmas for a day and celebrate Owen's 3rd birthday!!!
More photos and details to come in another post.
Day 11: Attend our ward Christmas Party.
So much fun!! Once again Owen sat on Santa's lap and had no fear!!
Even Audrey liked Santa Claus...especially his beard! P.S. The Christmas Party was "The Polar Express" which is why my children are wearing their pajamas. It was such a fun event!
Day 12: Decorate the Christmas Tree!
We haven't had a real tree in several years. I am loving the way my house smells right now...smells like Christmas!! I don't think I can ever go back to an artificial tree again!

No comments: