Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Owen is Three!!

On December 11 my little boy turned three!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone!! I wasn't going to do a birthday party this year, but as the time got closer I decided to throw one anyway...I do enjoy a good celebration. I decided to have a "boot camp" themed party in our backyard on Friday morning. It was fun finding things in camouflage print and deciding on the menu, I enjoyed putting it all together.

Audrey's outfit was probably the most fun to work on. A big thanks to my friend Sarah for the darling hair bow and shirt!
It was fun to see all of Owen's little friends all dressed up. Here's my mom supervising the fishing game.
Lunch consisted of grilled hot dogs, chips, fruit kabobs, and salad for the mom's. I decided on S'more pops and S'more cupcakes for dessert. Both desserts were delicious!!! You can't go wrong with chocolate, and marshmallows!!
So fun to have so many friends come to the party.
Owen's favorite part of the party was when we all sang Happy Birthday to him...he ate up all the attention!
Opening gifts.
Then on Saturday (his real birthday) we went out to my parent's house for a small family party with my parents and Cody & Allison.
Love this smiling face!
More candles to blow out (after singing Happy Birthday 2 more times)
More cake to enjoy
More presents to open
Owen has been wanting a Buzz Lightyear for a long time now. He was so excited when he opened it up. Buzz has not left Owen's side since he got it....even when he sleeps, Buzz is right there.
Such a fun-filled two days. It was fun to see my little boy enjoy his birthday so much. I can't believe I have a three year old!!

2 comments:

Sami said...

Happy Birthday Owen! What a fun party. He is getting so old. I love your themes. I think we are going to still your color theme party from last year and have Cameron's birthday party be green because he is all about green is his favorite. Oh and way cool buzz lightyear!

Edith said...

It looks like we missed a fun time! Lots of planning on your part. Matthew had his Dr. apt and he had to get some shots he was missing. I'm sure he would rather have not got "poked".
Matthew loves his Buzz light year and Woody too, they really are fun toys.
Is Owen ready for Sunbeams?