Monday, June 6, 2011

13.1 is Half

Over the last several months I have been busting my butt training for a marathon. On Saturday I ran my second half-marathon in Fontana. I thought running a half-marathon a week before running a full marathon would be good training. My friend Jennifer has been training with me and this was her first half-marathon. Saturday turned out to be the perfect day for running. The race started in Lytle Creek and ended at the Fontana City Hall. I loved every second of this run and wouldn't think twice about running it again next year. The part I loved best was running the entire race with my friend and crossing the finish line together! It was awesome!!!


This is Jennifer and I almost to the finish line. I realize we look happy in this picture, but believe me, we were both exhausted!!

We finished the race in 1 hour and 49 minutes...10 minutes faster then the last half I ran back in October, which was way unexpected!!
Jennifer has been such an amazing running buddy...could not have done it without her!!! I think we are both pretty much hooked on running so I am sure there will be plenty more finish lines we will be crossing together!!

It was fun to know a number of people running the race. Here I am with my friend Rachael, who also had an amazing run!!

Me and April

After running 13 miles it was amazing to look at the finish line and see my family there cheering for me. I can't even describe that feeling.

I also could not have done it without my awesome husband. Spencer was such a big support to me and encouraged me through all the training. He had to take over all the major parenting responsibilities every Saturday morning while I was out running countless miles around my city. He pretty much rocks!!

Now two days later I am feeling good and recovered, but it's hard to believe that THIS Saturday I will be running DOUBLE what I just did....I can't believe it!! I am nervous just thinking about it, but excited that the day is finally almost here! Wish me luck everyone...I am going to need it!!

8 comments:

aprilaleman said...

Yeah for us! And luck Saturday... I think you are crazy!!!

aprilaleman said...

I meant good luck Sat

The Benches said...

You are amazing! Way to go! Good luck on Saturday!

Dustin and Kellie said...

YAY! Good luck!!

Heidi said...

Good job!!!!

Lindsay said...

Awesome Holly!!! Good luck this Saturday. We will be thinking of you!

Amanda said...

Hey crazy woman....how do you do it? I can't even think about running without passing out!

Good luck and great job!

Sarah Hull said...

SO SO SO awesome! So awesome Holly!!! You seriously rock it! Nice job!! I cant wait to hear about the marathon! Holy Smokes!!!