Saturday, December 17, 2011

Advent Catch Up: Days 10-16

Day 10: Attend Ward Christmas Party

I don't have any pictures from this night which is a bummer because Owen participated in the presentation of Christ's birth (he was one of the animals) and Spencer sang in a trio during the program. Overall it was an enjoyable evening with yummy food and fun friends.

Day 11: Owen's 4th Birthday!!

More to come on the little gathering we had for him later..... This Spider Man picture is just a sneak peak!!
Day 12: Walk Thoroughbred and see the lights!

This is by far one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Spencer and I have been going here together for 15 years, we just love it, and we love passing this tradition on to our kids. Sad to say that the night we went it ended up raining on us, so it wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been. I had to steal these pictures from the Internet since it was too wet to take my own photos!! I think we might have to do this again before Christmas to get the full, fun experience!!
Day 13: Watch a video message from Santa!!

Click on the link to watch the message Santa sent especially for Owen. He LOVED watching this by the way!!


Day 14: Make a Christmas House

On this night Spencer and I attended Spencer's work Christmas dinner, which was excellent, and the kids stayed home with a sitter. She was kind enough to do this activity with them.
Day 15: See Disneyland all decked out for the Holidays!!!

Probably my favorite advent activity so far. We had a wonderful day at Disney. I love seeing the park transformed into a winter wonderland!
Day 16: Take a drive through the neighborhood to look at all the Christmas lights.

Sorry to say no pictures were taken for this day either. This was a last minute advent decision since Spencer and I were busy getting the house and things ready for our annual Christmas party, we had to do a quick activity!

1 comment:

The McGary Family said...

That video from Santa is priceless!!!