Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Days 1 & 2

It's that time of the year again....time for the advent calendar!!! I can't even describe how excited Owen was when I told him that it was time to start opening a train door every night, he was beyond thrilled!!

Day 1: A familiar friend came back to visit!! Buddy the Elf arrived at our house bringing a book and a video for the kids to enjoy and learn more about why he is here to visit.

After we read the book we got to watch the special "Elf on the Shelf" movie that Buddy brought. Owen loved it!

Day 2: Participate in a live nativity at the Stake Creche Festival

Owen was chosen to be a wiseman for the nativity. Initially I was a little nervous about how he would do since he can turn into a little ham when he's on stage in front of people, but he did great. It was so precious to watch all the kids.
After the live nativity presentation, we walked around and looked at the 100's of nativities on display and listened to a choir sing Christmas songs. Owen especially enjoyed pointing out the wisemen in all the nativities.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness Holly! He is such a cute wiseman!:) We can't wait to see you.

The McGary Family said...

There's a video!!! Hmm, gonna have to find it too.
Owen made such a cute wiseman!!

Taryn said...

I had no idea there was a movie to go with elf on the shelf. I'll have to look into that next year!