Thursday, May 31, 2012

9 Months

 I hate pregnant pictures of me, but here it is....my belly at 38 weeks. I'm HUGE! I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.... I.... am.... gigantic!! I get comments about my size on a daily basis, and probably get asked, "Are you sure it's not twins?" about 3 times a week. Since I have been horrible about documenting this pregnancy I thought I would do one post to sum up my nine months of hell. So here it goes...

1st Trimester: All day nausea, exhaustion, restless leg syndrome, sciatic nerve pain, started showing around 11 weeks.
2nd Trimester: In maternity clothes by 14 weeks, continued restless leg syndrome as well as intense leg cramping throughout the day, intense sciatic nerve pain, couldn't wear my wedding ring by 6 months. A little less tired and no more nausea. Felt the baby move for the first time at 22 weeks. Found out we are having a BOY!
3rd Trimester: Baby shifted so most of my sciatic pain is gone. Leg cramps continue, but only at night. Severe swelling in my feet and ankles...I can barely wear shoes. These last two days my feet have hurt so bad that I can barely stand; I've been wearing Ugg boots everywhere I go because they are the only thing my feet can tolerate. Morning sickness...gross! Pressure like the baby's head is about to fall out of me. Uncomfortable to sleep, so I don't sleep well. I've been very irritable and not my normal up-beat self, a lot more emotional than I have been with my last two pregnancies.  Exhaustion has returned and I have little energy to do my everyday activities. Small bouts of depression (mostly because I am unable to do everything I would like to). Lots of back pain. Bleeding gums and heartburn are also present this trimester.

When I first found out I was pregnant I made two goals for myself. 1. Not to gain as much weight as I did with the previous two and 2. Stay active as long as possible. Well at least I achieved one of those goals! I was able to continue running 3-4 days a week the entire first 6 months and then after that I started walking at least 3 days a week. Only in the last 2 weeks has it been difficult for me to walk, so I'm pretty proud of that. Last week I hiked Mt. Rubidoux pushing my double stroller without too much difficulty. This is a picture of Owen and my large self at the top of the mountain. I tried so hard to not gain a bunch of weight. I ate right and was exercising but around 7 months I realized that regardless of the effort I was making I was still gaining as much as I have in the past, so I gave up and decided to just eat what I wanted especially if I was going to gain the weight anyway!! I figure I've lost it all before and I can do it again right?
With two weeks to go I would say that physically and emotionally I am ready to have this baby. We have his room all ready, my hospital bag is packed, and most importantly my house is clean!! This pregnancy has been tough on me and my family and I think we are all ready for the baby to be here and for mom to return to her old self....my poor husband and kids have had to put up with a lot!
I just know that once the baby is placed in my arms these last nine months will have been worth it. I'm excited to have the last member of our family here with us and excited to see how he is going to fit in with our family. I will admit that I am nervous to be a mother of three and I think daily about how I am going to handle having 3 kids at home, but I think I am ready for the challenge.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are SO SO cute and tiny everywhere except your belly, which is perfect.

I totally feel you with the 9 months of HELL! REALLY it feels like such a relief on your body when you care done. I am loving life now and feeling SO much better. You will be there soon!

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME! I too know EXACTLY how you feel... With my fourth I gave up working out at 6 months... I was totally done, so you for sure beat me there!

I hope that baby makes an entrance soon!

Holley Williamson said...

good luck, hopefully the birth-day comes soon!