Previously I posted about how Spencer and I have been looking for a new home and that we made an offer on a house near where we both grew up. Right after I posted that I couldn't believe all the phone calls/texts/e-mails that I got from so many people asking me about it. Since there seems to be so much interest I decided that I would write a little up-date. About a week after submitting a full price offer on a home we both agreed on we found out that we didn't get it. I think we were both a little bummed at first, but decided that when it's meant to be it will happen.
Spencer and I have always wanted to raise our family where we both grew up, and since Owen is only a year away from starting school we recently got more serious about trying to find a place to live. Spencer spends at least an hour every night searching the Internet for homes. We have looked at 100's of houses on-line, toured a couple dozen and have only liked 2 homes enough to make offers. It's crazy how many homes are just trashed by the previous owners, yet they are still so expensive! You would think with so many foreclosures and bank owned properties there are that it would be easy to find a place.....yeah right!! It's been A LOT harder than we thought.
Like I said we have made two offers. We just put a bid on a home this last weekend and found out yesterday that our offer was denied. It's a little frustrating, but our motto is "it will happen when it's really meant to be."
It's not like I am in a huge hurry to move anyway. I love the house that we live in now and I love all the close friends I have here. We really like our ward and our children have so many friends nearby to play with and we are close to Spencer's job. It will be extremely hard to leave when the time does come. I will try and keep everyone posted on our search for a home, but my guess is it will probably be at least a year before something finally does happen!
1 comment:
I know how exhausting it can be to know what you want your next move to be only to sit and wait for it to happen. Hurry up and wait is what I call it. So exciting that your are having baby 3!! It's gonna be nuts for a little while but before you know it things will calm down, just tell yourself that if ever you feel you are going crazy.love you guys. Oh by the way Mark needs a contact (un related) from Moreno valley for security clearance with army. Could we use you guys?
Post a Comment