Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Swim Lessons

We LOVE swim lessons!! This year was a little bit more tricky having a newborn, but I was so glad I was able to work it out because my kids had a blast!! We finished up our lessons near the end of July and I must admit that I was a little sad when they were all over. The routine was very helpful in getting Preston on somewhat of a schedule and my kids were overall happier for those two weeks. It was nice to get out of the house everyday and to get some exercise and sunshine!

Owen and Audrey on their first day of lessons.

Owen was in the same class as his best little buddy, Jackson. These two have been doing lessons together since they were babies and they really look forward to it every year. Haley and I were so proud of our boys, they really took off this year and were by far the best two swimmers in their class.
Owen has transformed into quite the little swimmer this year. Last year he was able to swim short distances on his own, but this year he learned how to come up for air then to put his head back down and keep going. He now swims all over the pool on his own, can jump in and swim to the side easily, dive for submerged objects, and can even tread water. As a water lover myself, I couldn't be more thrilled with Owen's progress and his love for swimming!
 Audrey also did really well in her lessons. She was one of the oldest kids in the parent and me class, and she totally rocked it!! Audrey is fearless in everything that she does and swimming is no exception. She puts her face in the water, blows bubbles, will glide off the wall on her own for a short distance to me, kicks her feet and moves her arms with no problems. She even jumped of the diving board all by herself to her teacher. I had a blast being in the water with Audrey everyday and I feel like the one-on-one time with me really helped her jealous behavior for those two weeks.
At the end of every lesson Haley and I would wrap the kids up in their towels and they got to sit in the sun and have a snack together. Sometimes I think they may have looked more forward to this than the actual time in the pool!
Owen and Jackson with their teacher, Becky, and their last day. The boys have had Becky as their teacher for several years. They absolutely adore her and she loves them as well. It's so fun to have someone who loves teaching your kids and remembers them every year. Becky has done an awesome job teaching these boys to swim! 

No comments: