Preston is 4 months!
Time sure is flying! This sweet little boy is growing up way too fast!! I took Preston in for his 4 month check-up and I couldn't believe it when the pediatrician told me that he is in the 4th percentile for weight. This kid was over 9 pounds when he was born and now he's only in the 4th percentile...that's CRAZY to me!! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since the other two kids have both been small. Here are his official stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 11 ounces (4th %)
Height: 24.75 inches (28th %)
Head Size: 17 inches (87th %)
Since Preston is so small the pediatrician told me to go ahead and start him on rice cereal to see if that will help increase his weight. He started the cereal a few days ago and he LOVES it. I will have to post pictures of him eating it soon.
The other day I put Preston in Audrey's little doll stroller just for fun and the kids LOVED it and thought it was the funniest thing ever. Owen especially had a blast giving Preston a ride....of course I was watching VERY carefully!
When Preston was first born he had me extremely worried that he was going to be a hard baby. He cried a lot, was difficult to get to sleep and to stay asleep, and he HATED the car. He was pretty fussy and irritable too. But now just four months later he has mellowed out quite a bit. He's a pretty happy boy and doesn't cry nearly as much. Before we moved I had him all sleep trained and sleeping through the night, but that has all gone away since we have been living with my parents and he has to share a room with us. It's ok though, I think I am can get him back on track fairly quickly once we are in our own house again. Preston doesn't hate the car as much any more, which is a relief since we tend to spend a lot of time driving. Preston loves to laugh and coo and has the most adorable smile. He loves to watch his big brother and sister and loves to have his toes and belly tickled. He's a little sweetheart and we all just love him to pieces!!
2 comments:
First of all Preston is too cute! Thanks for the heads up on the race in 2014. That will give me plenty of time to train. That is so awesome you guys went to the Monday night football game. We tried to get tickets for that one too. But we are going to go to one later this year. I'm glad Preston did so well because I'm toying with the idea of bringing Ivy with us when we go. I'm excited about the house and can't wait to hear more about it.
...and SO cute. Just keep feeding that 4% boy though...he he he
Post a Comment