Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloweenie

I got a little behind on my posts this month, so in an effort to try and get caught up I'm going to post about all the fun "halloweenie" stuff that we got to do this month all at once. It's hard to believe that October has already come and gone and Christmas is just around the corner...CRAZY!!
 
Earlier in the month we got to go on a tour of the pumpkin patch with our playgroup friends. We got to go on a hay-ride, learn about different pumpkins and how they grow, feed the goats, climb the hay castle, and of course pick a pumpkin from the patch! We usually visit the patch as a family, but we have just been so busy every weekend working on the new house we weren't able to make it this year so I was very grateful that we got to go with our friends. The following three pictures are from our pumpkin patch tour.
Audrey and Owen on the hay ride
Listening intentley to our tour guide explain all about pumpkins. Even Audrey listened!
Owen and Jackson at the top of the hay castle
Matching Halloween pajamas have become somewhat of a tradition at our house. I love that the kids still really enjoy matching each other, I'm sure I will only get another year, maybe two if I'm lucky, of cooperation from Owen. They are just too cute!

I still don't know how I am ever going to get a cute picture of all three of my kids together. I think it's impossible!
"Halloween Sunday" is another little tradition of mine. I just adore dressing them up for holidays.
We spent the Monday night before Halloween decorating our pumpkins. Owen did a fantastic job painting his pumpkin white all by himself. It was a fun family night activity. We decorated a few other pumpkins that night as well, but these were the cutest.
Owen's preschool had a Halloween festival and trunk-or-treat Halloween morning. I volunteered to have my car as part of the trunk-or-treat. It was fun to spend the morning with Owen and his classmates and Audrey was thrilled because she got to participate as well. In addition to the trunk-or-treat the kids got to see a puppet show, play carnival games, visit with some local firefighters, pick a pumpkin from the patch, and all the preschool students performed two special Halloween songs for their families.
I am still a big fan of "family themed costumes" for Halloween but Audrey had been begging me to be a pink crayon since the beginning of October. Since I couldn't convince Owen to be a crayon Audrey got to have two different costumes this year. She was so excited to go to preschool with Owen on Halloween and even more excited to wear her pink crayon costume. She does look pretty cute!
We also went with my mom to her ward's Halloween party this month, but I didn't get any pictures from that. It was a fun night and the kids had a blast getting to wear their costumes another night. We also went to our playgroup's Halloween Bash which I also failed to get pictures of. But you get the point....lots of Halloween fun was had this month.

No comments: