Friday, June 7, 2013

National Donut Day

Today was such a FUN day! If you didn't know, today was National Donut Day, and boy, did we CELEBRATE!! As part of my goal to make new friends I have started planning Friday Fun Days for any moms and their kids to come to. It's been a slow start as far as trying to get people out to the different activities, but I think today was a turning point. I was so happy to see that Donut Day was on a Friday, so I planned our fun day with a Donut theme! I picked up several dozen gourmet donuts as well as 5 boxes of the small powdered and chocolate donuts to use for the various games I had planned. I also brought milk with chocolate and strawberry syrup for kids to mix their own. I had people meet us at the park this morning for donuts, milk, and donut games. I couldn't believe how many people showed up, it was awesome!! I guess free donuts is the way to make friends.....ha!
 
After all the kids got to enjoy a donut and glass of milk we played two donut games. The first was a donut relay where the kids had to put a donut on an unsharpened pencil, run down to the cone, run back to their team and pass off the donut to the next team member. The kids had a blast, but I was so busy helping them all I didn't get a chance to take any pictures.
The second game was the hit of the party for sure. Me and several other moms tied tons and tons of little donuts to trees, so there were hanging donuts everywhere!! The kids then had to put their hands behind their backs and eat the donut off the string. The little kids got to use their hands. All the kids loved it, but I think Audrey loved it most of all!  The following pictures are of my kids LOVING eating the donuts off the strings. Such a fun, yet simple, activity. I was happy that so many people came, and my kids were happy to not only eat yummy donuts, but happy to play with so many friends!! Today was a success!



No comments: