Monday, June 16, 2008

Six Months Old Already!

On June 11 this little boy turned six months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. He is getting to be such a big boy and growing up too quickly! I also can't believe that I have begun to think about what I am going to do for his first birthday. (Crazy, I know!) He now weighs 17lbs. 6oz. I'm not sure how long he is, I couldn't get him to stay still long enough to measure him. This post is all about Owen and the things he can now do!


He doesn't especially enjoy being on his tummy. I'm actually surprised I was able to get this happy picture of him because....

usually when I put him on his tummy, he rolls right over!! He rolls from his tummy to his back all the time, but he still can't roll the other way.

Owen eats rice cereal or baby food at least once a day. The only baby food he has had is sweet potatoes, which he seems to really like. Really messy, but he enjoys it

He can also drink from a sippy cup. He loves this thing!

Owen loves to sit up and play with his toys. Lately these keys are his favorite thing to chew and shake around.

Owen sits up so well we started bathing him in the bathtub. He LOVES the water and will even cry sometimes when his bath is over. It's crazy how young kids learn how to throw temper tantrums.

Owen likes me to read to him. He loves to touch the pages and stare at the pictures. he will even try to turn the page on his own. Here he is with his "Owen" book from his great-grandma.

Owen loves to play with his Daddy. He gets so excited and flaps his arms when Daddy comes home from work.

Owen still has his "newborn" eye color. We are not sure what color his eyes are. Sometimes they look brown, other times green, and sometimes they even look dark bluish-grey. I wish I could capture his eye-color better on film so you could be the judge.

The eczema is more under control now, but he still gets bad break-outs. Owen still scratches himself and as you can see from the picture he still can cut up his body pretty bad. And I promise that I do cut his nails!! He STILL has to wear socks on his hands.

I love this little boy more and more each day. He is such a blessing in our lives. I just wish time would pause and he would stay this age longer!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

ok seriously, he is so darn cute! I love his spikey hair. Honestly, he is so cute! I can't get enough of him!!!

I am so glad he likes the sweet potatoe's!!! YEAH!!!! Hannah hasn't turned orange yet from them. She loves them so much! did you make them yourself? I am making baby food tonight!

Ok...one more time...Owen is so cute!

Isn't it amazing how these little people change your life so much!? I wouldn't have it any other way!

Post more pictures. I love seeing them. I will show Hannah Owen's picture later tonight. I'm sure she will want to meet him someday. haha

Jaime Rubio said...

What a milestone! How adorable is he--I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion so I can actually see him and of course see Spencer and you! You both are doing a great job!

Jill Duncan said...

Isn't it amazing (and a little sad) how fast they grow??? Owen is so cute- I just love his spikey hair!

Holley Williamson said...

Such a cutie! It is a fun fun age. All we can do is enjoy it, which you are doing.

HunnyHull said...

He is such a cute kid!

Sarah Hull said...

Oh I just love that little doll! He is such a joy! Those pictures are fantastic of him. He just a ball of darlingness.
You are such a fabulous mom. He is one lucky guy!

The McGary Family said...

Owen is so adorable!! I can't believe he's already 6 months old. He is so darling, and those eyes just melt my heart.